Let's get some stats

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by srt4cane, Aug 30, 2007.

1. srt4cane macrumors member

Well I've had my iphone for 2 days now and i've fully charged it once so far. I'm wondering what "good" battery life is and if my phone is a dud or not. So if everyone could please post their Usage and Standby times ONLY when they get the message "20% battery life left". Now i know that this is affected by what you do on your phone but I just want to get a rough estimate.

I got the 20% battery life left at:

Usage: 8 hours 25 min

Standby Time: 22 hours 9 minutes

Thanks

2. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Give it a week or so untill trying to judge the baterry's full potential.

3. Gibbons macrumors member

Okay. Yesterday at the 20% warning I had:

Usage: 9 hours 25 minutes
    Standby: 2 days, 23 hours

Usage included about 7 hours of music, and no wifi.

4. sunday888 macrumors member

I charge mine every other night. Sometimes it's running on fumes, other times it still has over 20% left. It depends, obviously how much I've used it. Your battery life will improve with a few cycles.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the first few days i got my iphone, i was using it nonstop. i was even browsing the internet with it even though the computer was right in front of me. unsurprisingly, i needed to charge it every night. since then, i've calmed down my use, and i need to charge it every other night (sometimes even less frequently). its battery life is better than other phones i've owned, and i'm very happy with it. give it a few days and see how it goes.

6. ncsmith4 macrumors 6502

What the hell? Do you guys leave bluetooth and wifi off?

Both of those are on for me and Im getting:

Usage: 4h 21m
    Standby: 15h 48m

7. srt4cane thread starter macrumors member

8. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Bluetooth and anything running that you dont need will eat up your baterry faster.
    Turn off bluetooth if you're not using it.

9. n00basaur macrumors regular

Usage: 6hrs 20mins
    Standby: 2days 15hrs

Just got 20% warning.

10. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I usually have to charge it nightly, but I usually watch a video or two at lunch and use it for web surfing, checking email and some music throughout the day. If I don't watch any video I can go two days. As for battery use and previous phones, it is my worst, but it is also my first "smart" phone and expected to have "battery issues."

I use it in replace of my ipod almost exclusively, only when driving in the car do I use the iPod now and that is mostly because my tape deck adapter doesn't fit the iPhone and have not purchased the/an adapter yet. The other reason for using the iPod over the iPhone while driving is that the physical buttons are easier to control while not looking at the screen and fell that this is the one real drawback of the iPhone fully touch interface.

Anyways, I use it a lot more then my old phones so that is another reason the battery drains quickly. If the battery was removable I would consider getting a second to keep charged and carry around to change out when/if needed.

Out...

11. JANK macrumors newbie

charged out of box

when i bought my iphone it was totally dead and now im not getting the battery life i expected or anything cmpareable to others. ive fully charged 3 times in the last 4 days ive had it. did anyone else have a charge out of the box or no? just wondering if its worth having apple take a look at it or if its just normal.

the other day i was around 4 hours usage on a full charge. w/ no bluetooth and some wifi/edge web use