Let's have a consensus: Limera1n vs Greenpois0n

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by djuarez03, Oct 12, 2010.

?

Which is more stable: Limera1n or Greenpois0n

1. Limera1n

26.4%
  2. Greenpois0n

23.0%
  3. They are both buggy as hell!

8.0%
  4. I have only used one to jailbreak

42.5%
  1. djuarez03 macrumors regular

So for those who have jailbroken, and hopefully with both, which one seems to be more stable? Take the poll and vote please :)

EDIT: Perhaps I should clarify a little further. By stable, I mean which Jailbreak was the most hassle free to implement. Less hiccups, errors, which one worked right of the bat, so to speak.

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

A poll on a piece of software most people will use for no more than a minute or two is a good indicator of stability?

3. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Well, I tried to use Limera1n four times last night and it failed. I used Greenpois0n this morning and it worked first try. My vote is for GP.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

In terms of stability I think he means the actual process. As long as you follow the directions, though, I don't see how you can run into issues. Also you should discount any limera1n betas here, since it wouldn't be fair to take any issues there into consideration - it is, after all, a beta.

Since neither one seems to do catastrophic things like deleting photos or breaking facetime, though, you can't say either one is truly "buggy." The jailbreak itself didn't cause any problems, it's the apps that don't work with 4.1 yet.

5. mrCide macrumors member

I did GP tonight -- backed up phone, upgraded via umbrella tool to save my bb, restored/synced in itunes (all on my mac). brought phone over to win7 laptop, installed itunes plugged in phone so drivers would install.

Ran gp, did instructions to get phone into mode, clicked jailbreak. after that was done i just hit loader and install cydia, all updated all working. no issues thus far.

6. djuarez03 thread starter macrumors regular

FWIW, I personally jailbroke with Limera1n and everything worked without a hitch. Although at first, I was hesitant to use anything from Geohot after having problems with Blackra1n before. Although last time, I didn't run into any problems until a couple of weeks after jailbreaking with Blackra1n. Only time will tell if Limera1n continues to perform as it has up to this point. My main issues with Blackra1n were that, using Blacksn0w, the signal would constantly drop to no service and then come back. Which wasn't that big of an issue, at least compared to the reboot problem. After a couple of weeks, my iPhone would go into an endless reboot cycle that could only be fixed by a restore. In the end, ended up ditching Blackra1n in favor of a custom IPSW from Pwnagetool. So I'm excited about the upcoming release of an updated Pwnagetool, in case Limera1n turns out to be as buggy as Blackra1n.

7. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Used Greenpois0n yesterday and everything is working wonderfully. No complaints. Have not used Limera1n so I cannot comment on its stability.

8. meagain macrumors 68030

Just to clarify.... both methods are still only available for Windows - correct? At least that's what I'm reading so far. If true, dang.

9. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Greenpois0n has a Linux version, but no mac versions for either yet.

10. jammybastard macrumors regular

jammybastard

what does it mean if when running GP that you get a white screen during the jailbreak process?

11. cougar11 macrumors member

i jb with limera1n wen it initially came out...was very impressed on the jb n was wondering y every1 was hating on geohot...then i noticed that my txt msgs werent getting pushed or getting notificatons wen i recieved a txt...tried limera1n push fix, push doctor, push fix, n nothing wrked....then i re-jb with greenpoison and eberything wrked like a charm...till yesterday....installed a theme and resprang...damn phone was in an endless rebooting cycle so i had to restore and jb again with greenposion...imho, i think both are buggy as hell...my .02 cents...

12. bkingtu83 macrumors member

i jb with limera1n last night. no complaints so far

13. djuarez03 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't believe the constant reboot problems some people are experiencing have to do with either jailbreak. I think it's more to do with the fact that some Cydia apps are not yet compatible with 4.1. I ran into that myself the first time I jailbroke with Limera1n. So now, I'm being careful and making sure to install apps that I know for sure work with 4.1.

14. Claude626 macrumors 6502

There needs to be more options to this poll. There needs to be options like, "I used LR and it worked, didn't bother with GP" and "I used GP and it worked, didn't bother with LR". Maybe replace the last option as that's not very indicative of anything.

I would vote on the first one. LR worked 6x for me already. Didn't bother with GP. If it doesn't break, I don't change my method.

15. cougar11 macrumors member

u didnt get the push notification bug with LR? i did so went with GP...

16. iPhoneVic macrumors regular

iPhoneVic

I JB'd

with GP yesterday...have had no issues what so ever...no crashes...JB went very smooth..

Didn't go the LR route...

vicsiphone

17. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

You do realize that 4,1 is different then 4,0 right? It didn't once cross your mind that the theme may be the cause of your problems, not the jailbreak? Many Cydia apps are not compatible with the new update.

18. rasmusonline macrumors regular

They both suck, because they don't support mac os atm!!