Let's hear your Great reception stories

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danpass, Jul 4, 2010.

1. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

This way people can read about what a good phone is capable of and look forward to that.

I was of the mind that the whole external antenna/better reception thing (ref WWDC presentation) was just visual design and marketingspeak.

Until yesterday* when I was actually able to post from the negative zone ........ slowly, but it worked.

Calls were going thru better than data.

I was at the Country Club Animal Hospital on 72ave in Miami. I believe this facility was once a hardened nuclear bunker as every single other phone I've had as well as other peoples phones in here would immediately lose complete signal the moment you step thru the door (I've tested the limits. I could actually see the bars/meter plummet from full to zero when crossing the threshold).

The iP4 managed to overcome that facility.

I even held the phone in whatever manner I chose (no bumper or case)

So don't lose hope. When it's a good phone, it's a really good phone!

*Due to some ***** ********* moderator it was sent to the wasteland. Apparently "see how good it CAN be" was apparently too hard to decipher.

2. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

In a sea of wonderful smartphones, Apple rushes out this unsorted uh... phone? "can you hear me now?" ha... ha... ha :)

3. danpass thread starter macrumors 68020

danpass

What are you doing up so early :D

4. army91c macrumors 6502a

Unsorted uh... phone? Yeah my PHONE works great. Maybe those that are having the "issue" need to move out of the sticks... or even better, get a different phone!

5. xmtgx macrumors regular

Agreed

6. dagored macrumors 65816

I was in a restaurant in Washington, PA - 35 miles from home in Ohio. Another guy at the bar had a 3GS. Saw my ip4 and said he was waiting on a white one.

Then asked if I had any of the reception problems he had read and heard about.

I gripped the phone in the so called "grip of death" and held it for over a minute. I had five bars the entire time. "That's what I thought" was his response.

I then proceeded to call my wife in Ohio and have a facetime chat. The entire bar was amazed. The phone worked flawlessly. Better than my former Verizon Razr which never rang and went to voicemail 80% of the time.