Let's play a SIRI DICTATION GAME!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Sep 15, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Try to type the following sentences using Siri dictation on either your iPhone 4S, "The New iPad", OS X Mountain Lion Mac (Press Fn twice to activate), or other Siri Dictation enabled device (future proofing this thread :D). If you have any ideas for more sentences that you know will be hard to add based on the way it was pronounced, or a proper name, etc, throw it in here!

Sentence 1:
    Typing it out: Cassie went to the store today!
    Dictation: Cassie went to the store today!

Sentence 2: Steven Paul Jobs was an amazing visionary. He started Apple Inc, Formerly known as Apple Computer Inc.
    Dictation: Steven Paul jobs was an amazing visionary. He started Apple week, formerly known as Apple Computer Inc.

Sentence 3: Otis has amazing elevators, though some might say ThyssenKrupp or Schindler makes better elevators.
    Dictation: Otis has amazing elevators, though Soni St. Vincent crop or Schindler Mcfatter elevators.

LET'S SEE PEOPLE. How well does your voice work with Siri?

The first sentence, Siri seemed to get right. Though a lot of the times, it turns "Cassie" into "Kathy" so I was wondering if it would do it this time. It was very annoying trying to use Siri to text my girlfriend.

The second sentence, seems to have went OK, but it didn't recognize "Jobs" as a proper noun, as it is also a word. It turned "Inc" into "week"

The third sentence was a disaster!

When dictating to Siri You can say your punctuation marks out loud, such as "exclamation point", "Comma" etc to get her to put those in the sentence for you.

EDIT: How to pronounce ThyssenKrupp

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'd be curious to hear a recording of exactly how you dictate to Siri. For all we know, you could have a heavy accent that throws Siri off.

3. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Jesse went to the store today!
    Steven Paul Jones was an amazing visionary. He started Applebee, formerly known as Apple Computer Inc.
    Otis has amazing elevators, though some might say that size and crew or Schindler makes better elevators.

(This is on my iMac)

4. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

My results:

Cassie went to the store today

Steven Paul jobs was an amazing visionary. He started Apple Inc., formerly known as Apple Computer Inc.

Otis has amazing elevators, though some might say Thiessen crop or Schindler makes better elevators

In defence of Siri, I have no idea how to pronounce ThyssenKrupp

Now trying it on my Mac Mini in Mountain Lion -

Kelsey storage

Stephen call jobs was amazing vision. Started, formerly known as

Oh this is amazing elevators of some might say because she makes better

5. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Something makes me think something is wrong with the microphone you're using on your Mac Mini.

6. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

It's the built-in mic on a Thunderbolt display. Doesn't really matter much

7. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Dictation is that bad on the Mac, yowza

8. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Depends on the mic, not the mac. I'm sitting a couple of feet away from the monitor.

9. Iamnezzy macrumors regular

Iamnezzy

On my Mac it got the first two right, sentence 3 came out like this though...

'Ortiz has amazing elevator is no some might say Thyssen Krupp or Schindler makes better elevator is'.

On my iPhone it got the first one right, sentence 2 came out like this...

'Stephen Poll Jobes was an amazing visionary he started Apple Inc. Foamy known as Apple Computer Inc.

Sentence 3 came out like this...

'Otis house amazing elevates is the some might say Tyson croup Ocean Bluff makes beat elevators'

Mac win ;)