Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jade

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2003
I went to Stoneridge (Bay Area Store) on Wednesday. I did the personal shopper, only because I had some questions on iWork/Mail. Anyway the associate I got was nice, but i wish they would have read my questions first then I could have got the more "business expert" associate. I asked my questions, tried to figure out some myself, played around and decided to purchase. I asked about migration from my ibook (another story, see the thread here). So once I decided to purchase, we checked out printers and so on. It took about 10 minutes for him to get m printer/computer. I did my rebate form at home online. I was shocked to see that the check is due to arrive in 3-5 business days. That is amazingly speedy!

My experience was OK. Nothing to write home about nothing to complain about. On the other hand I called another local store. They don't pick up their phone, so they missed out. Too bad because that store is closer to my home than the one I chose. I had to put up with a 30 minute drive home after purchasing.

I think on Wednesday, people weren't buying quite yet. This weekend might be ridiculous!

bensim

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2004
Denver, CO
I bought my new MacBook in the Cherry Creek store in Denver. I've found that it can be hit or miss in any Apple store, but I was very pleased with the service that I received from James (is it OK to post names?). I said I wanted the $1599 MacBook, and they brought it out. I said I didn't want AppleCare, and I didn't get any long-winded explanation as to why I should. The whole process took less than 15 minutes.

When I got home and opened it, I noticed that the battery/drive cover did not fit properly. So I called Apple, and they told me to take it back. When I got back to the store, James helped me again, and he quickly replaced the MacBook with a new one. Very nice service indeed.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
I went to the apple store at the freehold raceway mall(new jersey) and was the first one to get the new macbook. i cant complain about the service because my own friend rang me up! :p

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
They try to brag about how the remote checkout thing is faster, but it is actually slower.
In the store near me, the EasyPays seem to net out to be an overall faster experience.

IMO, you're right that a transaction on the EasyPay takes more time to ring up than at the POS register, but the fact that they have 15-20 employees running around ringing people up with EasyPays makes for way, way shorter lines at the POS registers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.