"Let's Rock" conference Worth it? or Worthless?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsquared, Sep 9, 2008.

?

Today's conference....

Poll closed Feb 6, 2009.
  1. Worth It!!!!!!!!

20.0%
  2. Worthless.....

57.5%
  3. Indifferent

35.0%
  1. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

Yawn...

To be honest I was hoping for something to wow me and it never happened. All be it the new nano looks cool, but due to having an internet connection, and being a member here I saw that coming. The only other thing I liked was Nike+, but from what I gather that appears to be on the Touch and not my iPhone. Color me jealous.

I mean 2.1 is going to fix things that in my eyes should have been fixed before they started selling the 3G. And iTunes 8 seems standard.

Where was the big world changing news?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I'm with you. Nothing big here (unless you count the fact that SJ is still alive and kicking). Ho hum.

I was hoping for at least some new features in 2.1, but nada.

3. xmax21 macrumors newbie

xmax21

Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

very disappointed! No real features for iPhone, no itablet, no new mac!!! :-(

4. jsquared thread starter macrumors 6502

jsquared

I guess going through all the forums hypes me up too much. I get into reading what everyone wants to have or what we should have. I start dreaming about what I want my iPhone to do. And in the end, I feel let down.:(

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I thought we'd get the push notification. So that's my only surprise.

Other than that, everything else is 100% what I expected. I'm surprised by all the "you mean that's all?" comments around the forums.

People have a really warped view. No other player is competing with the iPod. They have nothing to worry about. So why would anyone expect anything more than modest upgrades?

6. slavetonone macrumors newbie

Worthless

Yeah there was nothing there that lived up to all the hype... I cant believe they only spent about 1 minute on the iPhone! They know what we have all been saying. Just goes to show you that we will not have anything new for the iphone anytime soon. I wonder if they are just too selling to the rest of the world to bother worrying about what "we that have already purchased the iPhone" expect, need, want, etc. :-(

Slavetonone

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Good.

I don't WANT any new features until they can fix all the problems. Keep the engineers working on bugs, I say.

8. slavetonone macrumors newbie

Expectations

Well for one, this is a big event, many iPhone owners are frustrated with the issues we have been having. They could have gave us some more information just to ease our frustrations. Instead we get one minute of a "claim" we have heard before, that there will be no more crashes and we fixed a lot of bugs. I will believe it when I see it, but they could have at least delivered on one of the issues promised to be fixed like the "Push", applications able to run in the background, etc to put us at ease for awhile.

Woo Hoo though, at least we can all be sooooo excited that the iPhone should perform "almost" how we were told before we purchased it. YAY!

Don't get me wrong, I love my iphone and don't think anything comes close, I am just spoiled and want it all NOW. ;-)

Slavetonone

9. saxman macrumors 6502

Indifferent. Apple getting some good press is usually good. New products are good. Indifferent because I'm not buying anything new at the moment

10. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

iPhone users should be happy with this event, since it is delivering things we asked for in terms of stability. Sure still no copy/paste or MMS, but I believe this are secondary to what they promise (NO app crashes, which I still find a little unbelievable).

As for the rest. The touch is a great update, since it transforms it into a full gaming device and puts Apple in the cookie jar for that market. The nano update is also lovely and certainly will gather more clientele. The only thing that was curious is that they didn't give the classic an accelerometer as well. And I wonder if you are walking around with the nano does it shuffle everytime or if it only works when not on hold.

Overall it was a nice mini September event. Macworld will probably introduce the macbooks and all the rest that people expect.

11. Alloye macrumors 6502a

It was an iPod event and pretty much exactly what I expected.

12. jsquared thread starter macrumors 6502

jsquared

I think the worst part is that I have to wait til Friday to get 2.1 for my phone....