Let's say i have a program that will only run on Windows XP....

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by d wade, Jul 5, 2007.

1. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

Ok, i want to buy Pinnacle Dazzle DVD recorder but it says it is for windows xp only.

i really need this product, but i am afraid to buy it because obviously am running OSX.

what would be the best way to accomplish this? do i need to download and run windows on my mac? or does anyone know if maybe a windows product like moviemaker or anything like that would work?

please help. i will reply back with any further details if i left anything out.

2. scott85213 macrumors member

Why do you have to run this program? There are plenty of free programs like this one that WILL run on OSX. Also, what do you plan on doing?

3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

If you need to use this program, look into Boot Camp or Parallels Desktop software.

Does iDVD provide the same functionality you need?

4. d wade thread starter macrumors 65816

d wade

i need to record things from my xbox. so this product comes with hardware that plugs from xbox to tv then to computer. thats why i need this specific product.

anyone know one for mac?

5. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

If I wanted to record myself playing videogames, I would get something like the Elgato EyeTV hybrid. You can play games with pretty good response time right on your screen. I believe the bundled software allows you to record yourself. If not, there are a million apps that can do the same.

6. flipkid1021 macrumors newbie

The best way i found out to run Windows Programs is
    Crossover

I use crossover to steam which is a windows based app.

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Once you set up Bootcamp (free) or Parallels (Purchased), you can PURCHASE Windows XP SP2 and install it. We don't discuss downloading or pirating commercial software 'round here. (That includes Crossover Mac, too, Flip)

8. d wade thread starter macrumors 65816

d wade

that is probly what i was gonna do. which is better, bootcamp or parallels?

9. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Why can't we talk about Crossover? Flipkid wasn't suggesting that the OP pirate it. It's a legal commercial product like Parallels, and may very well be a solution to the OP's problem.