Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d wade

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
Ok, i want to buy Pinnacle Dazzle DVD recorder but it says it is for windows xp only.

i really need this product, but i am afraid to buy it because obviously am running OSX.

what would be the best way to accomplish this? do i need to download and run windows on my mac? or does anyone know if maybe a windows product like moviemaker or anything like that would work?

please help. i will reply back with any further details if i left anything out.

scott85213

macrumors member
May 19, 2007
Why do you have to run this program? There are plenty of free programs like this one that WILL run on OSX. Also, what do you plan on doing?

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
If you need to use this program, look into Boot Camp or Parallels Desktop software.

Does iDVD provide the same functionality you need?

d wade

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
i need to record things from my xbox. so this product comes with hardware that plugs from xbox to tv then to computer. thats why i need this specific product.

anyone know one for mac?

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
If I wanted to record myself playing videogames, I would get something like the Elgato EyeTV hybrid. You can play games with pretty good response time right on your screen. I believe the bundled software allows you to record yourself. If not, there are a million apps that can do the same.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Ok, i want to buy Pinnacle Dazzle DVD recorder but it says it is for windows xp only.

i really need this product, but i am afraid to buy it because obviously am running OSX.

what would be the best way to accomplish this? do i need to download and run windows on my mac? or does anyone know if maybe a windows product like moviemaker or anything like that would work?

please help. i will reply back with any further details if i left anything out.

Once you set up Bootcamp (free) or Parallels (Purchased), you can PURCHASE Windows XP SP2 and install it. We don't discuss downloading or pirating commercial software 'round here. (That includes Crossover Mac, too, Flip)

d wade

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
Once you set up Bootcamp (free) or Parallels (Purchased), you can PURCHASE Windows XP SP2 and install it. We don't discuss downloading or pirating commercial software 'round here. (That includes Crossover Mac, too, Flip)

that is probly what i was gonna do. which is better, bootcamp or parallels?

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007

Why can't we talk about Crossover? Flipkid wasn't suggesting that the OP pirate it. It's a legal commercial product like Parallels, and may very well be a solution to the OP's problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.