Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d wade

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
Ok, i want to buy Pinnacle Dazzle DVD recorder but it says it is for windows xp only.

i really need this product, but i am afraid to buy it because obviously am running OSX.

what would be the best way to accomplish this? do i need to install and run windows on my mac? or does anyone know if maybe a windows product like windows moviemaker or anything like that would work?

please help. i will reply back with any further details if i left anything out.

citi

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2006
Simi Valley, CA
Ok, i want to buy Pinnacle Dazzle DVD recorder but it says it is for windows xp only.

i really need this product, but i am afraid to buy it because obviously am running OSX.

what would be the best way to accomplish this? do i need to install and run windows on my mac? or does anyone know if maybe a windows product like windows moviemaker or anything like that would work?

please help. i will reply back with any further details if i left anything out.

Well from what I can see, it's just a passthrough device. You can already do that with a camcorder with a firewire or usb out to imovie, set up the chapters and then burn to idvd. It may not be as on the fly but it will save you from spending the 50$ on pinnacle and another 75$ on your windows license. Do you have a video camera with firewire or usb out? You can use the the camera to record from vhs also. It's really easy. I do it all the time.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
The Mac has so many fantastic (and far superior) video and audio editing programs, there is absolutely no reason you should be looking at Windows solutions unless you don't own a Mac. There are a ton of A/V devices out there for Mac, and of course great software to go with them. Can you tell us exactly what you intend to do? Maybe some of the knowledgeable A/V nuts around here can recommend something in particular. As for me, I have an EyeTV hybrid that has A/V inputs if I should need them for an analog source.

Mindcrime13

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
well first, no, it will not run on your mac, you would need to install bootcamp and windows,

second:

to burn a dvd if you got the MPEG2 or the video format you wish to burn into a dvd you can use DVD studio pro, iDVD or Toast, and im sure there are a few more out there, just search!;) :apple:

d wade

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
The Mac has so many fantastic (and far superior) video and audio editing programs, there is absolutely no reason you should be looking at Windows solutions unless you don't own a Mac. There are a ton of A/V devices out there for Mac, and of course great software to go with them. Can you tell us exactly what you intend to do? Maybe some of the knowledgeable A/V nuts around here can recommend something in particular. As for me, I have an EyeTV hybrid that has A/V inputs if I should need them for an analog source.

Ok here is what i want to do.

i play alot of xbox360, and i would like to record the matches to be able to make a highlight film of 'best plays/shots/etc." everyone i know who has the capture card uses Pinnacle Dazzle products

i would like to get a program that does it for mac, but i still cant find one after weeks of searching

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
If all your friends have PCs it's normal that they have their own favorite program for that platform.

What Mac do you have? I understand you don't have a video capture device. How will the output of the console be connected?

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Ok here is what i want to do.

i play alot of xbox360, and i would like to record the matches to be able to make a highlight film of 'best plays/shots/etc." everyone i know who has the capture card uses Pinnacle Dazzle products

i would like to get a program that does it for mac, but i still cant find one after weeks of searching

You can't find a video editing program? Are you kidding me? The Mac is the defacto video editing program. There's plenty: iMovie, Adobe Premier, Apple Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Express... Search for a piece of hardware, the software will follow. There's TONS of editing suites, you don't have to worry about that.

As for the hardware, I would use my EyeTV Hybrid HDTV tuner; however, that's pretty basic and would only allow for standard definition capture. If you wanted to capture in HD, you'd have to get some other sort of input capture box. Yes, there are things available to do that, but I personally don't know any names.

d wade

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Boca Raton, FL
You can't find a video editing program? Are you kidding me? The Mac is the defacto video editing program. There's plenty: iMovie, Adobe Premier, Apple Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Express... Search for a piece of hardware, the software will follow. There's TONS of editing suites, you don't have to worry about that.

As for the hardware, I would use my EyeTV Hybrid HDTV tuner; however, that's pretty basic and would only allow for standard definition capture. If you wanted to capture in HD, you'd have to get some other sort of input capture box. Yes, there are things available to do that, but I personally don't know any names.

would the EyeTV be able to record what is happening on the TV? it looks like it records on the computer screen.

I need to capture what is happening on the TV screen to something, then take that recorded material and put it on the computer to edit.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Yeh the EyeTV would work perfectly, Composite output from the 360 into the EyeTV will allow you to produce a video file, which will import straight into iMovie :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.