Lets say someone needs temporary root access without leaving any marks

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by imcoolsobackoff, Sep 7, 2011.

1. imcoolsobackoff macrumors newbie

Lets say a person needs to get access to the root directory of their ipad 2 running iOS 4.3.3 (8J2) so that they can make some minor, one time, modifications without leaving any mark that someone, lets say apple or a network admin, would be able to detect. Is there any way to do this?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You could always try as sometimes small file changes stick (Themes won't and most big mods won't either). Jailbreak it, change what you need to, backup, then restore from backup. The change will either still be there or not.

Ex. When emoji first came out I jailbroke and did the hack to add them natively (IIRC, it was a single file and boolen switch). When I decided to go back to stock I restored from backup and the emoji were still there.

4. imcoolsobackoff thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it possible to quickly remove all marks of the jailbreak without a restore and leaving the changes you have made?

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Nope. Jailbreaking changes the folder layout.

6. imcoolsobackoff thread starter macrumors newbie

If the account and preferences that are on the iPad currently are not being synced with a computer I have access to, is there anyway to backup and restore without syncing to a new computer?