Let's Say...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BayAreaMacFan, Apr 9, 2007.

1. BayAreaMacFan macrumors member

Sorry for another Leopard thread, but I'm pretty sure this one hasn't been said before. What if for whatever reason there are no more features for Leopard? What you saw at WWDC in '06 is what you get. Would you still buy and be excited about Leopard? I, for one, love the features they implemented already and will be buying it in June (IMO when it comes out) and anything else they put in is gravy.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

time machine, spaces and the improvements to spotlight, ichat and safari are enough for me. i'll still be somewhat disappointed that there wasn't at least one "top secret" feature. but i'd deal with it and move on. after all, i still prefer it to windows.

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i would still get it and all, but i would be a little disappointed

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I'd probably still buy, but I really really want there to be something utterly amazing that they come up with. Something that makes me :eek:.

5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I think the "bits" that have been announced so far, will make it worth getting. :)

FJ

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I just want it to be faster. And faster. And faster. Repeat.

I have always looked at Mac OS X as a evolving OS.

7. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

8. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yeah i will get it no matter what, but would certainly be disappointed if nothing else was added. only becasue we were promised more tho, not becaus ethe new stuff isn t enough

9. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

As of now:

Need = NO
    Want = Yes

I have tried to keep with the times as far as OSX is concerned and haven't gotten bitten in the past (knocks on wood).

Also come to think of the same with Apple Hardware - I upgraded to the system in my sig on day 1 from a Rev A Dual 2.0Ghz G5 also purchased on day 1.

10. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Leopard is a buy for me regardless of what new comes down the pipe. Of course Apple ..feel free to surprise me all you want. ;)

11. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

I will buy Leopard no matter what. Again, spaces, time machine, etc are enough for me. However, I will be very upset if there isn't at least one "top secret" feature that is worth that title. That basically means that Steve lied directly to our faces, which is not nice. If he knew there was any possibility at all of there being no "secret" features then he should have kept his mouth shut and said "what you see is what you get".

Just my .02

12. gavd macrumors 6502a

I agree with the others who've said they'll get it regardless but would be disappointed if there were no 'secrets' given we were told there would be some.