Let's see some naked iPhones that have been so for a while

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Benjamindaines, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I'm contemplating using my iPhone without a case in my pocket, but I don't want it to get all scratched up. I know that the glass front won't get scratched easily, but the chrome and the Apple on the back will. That being said, if you have been using your iPhone naked in your pocket for more than a month please take pictures of it showing all the scratches (or lack of) and post them.

--Thanks!

2. b257177 macrumors regular

I am too lazy to take pictures of my phone, sorry. But, I can tell you that I have been carrying my iPhone in my front pocket, naked, since I bought it on iDay. No scratches to the back or the glass and only a couple of tiny, minor, hairlines on the chrome, mostly where I missed the dock connector with the cable.

3. Amblinman macrumors regular

Yeah, forgive me for not taking photos either, but I've had mine since early August and I don't use a case or any kind of film protector over the glass. Absolutely NO scratches, or even any blemishes.

The only precaution I take is that when I go out with it, the pocket it's in doesn't contain anything else. I refuse to cover up this beautiful piece of equipment with a case or dull the screen with a film. It reminds me of people who have gorgeous furniture with plastic covers on them.

4. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Ditto

By the way Benji, no affiliation, just a recommendation.:)
    http://studiomark.com/headshots.html

5. cmaier macrumors G3

Mine is always naked in my pocket. Two minor bezel scratches, no other blemishes.

Sometimes fuzz ends up in the dock connector socket and I have to fish it out with a needle.

6. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

i've had it since iday. tried the incase, scratched the chrome, got the phone replaced like 7 days after iday. then used it naked, treid the iskin which left some marks. took that off and i dont have any major complaints, but the back (silver) gets scratched. idk how. i never have anything else in my pocket, but it seems like there not even scratches. just like the paint is coming off. little black dots . its VERY annoying.

7. samiwas macrumors 65816

I have had my iPhone since mid July. It rides in my pocket when I'm moving (on a desk or car console otherwise) and have never had it in a case. I do use a screen film (a very light, practically unnoticeable one). All in all, I'd say there are very few scratches on it. The only places really notice anything are on the chrome apple, which is very minor, and around the sides...which are always smudged with fingerprints anyway.

8. ssajous macrumors member

I never go naked

I got the rubber case that apple sells, it is too thick, but I still use it in my front pocket, but I am ordering this today: http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=834

9. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Probably corrosion due to sweat, just like the MacBook Pros do. (and Powerbooks)

10. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I dropped it once on the concrete, it scratched the chrome slightly, but you really can't see it.

I bought a Sena ultra-slim pouch just for carrying it around, but otherwise it has been fine. :)

11. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

The scratches arent bad. On the other hand, i havent exactly been using it naked in my pocket. When it goes into my pocket, it goes into a blue microfiber cloth. I like that option a lot better than a case. Who would want to hide the beauty of an iphone?

12. alywa macrumors 6502

I've been carrying mine without a case since launch day. I make sure I don't have keys or coins in my pocket, but otherwise, not special precautions.

It looks great. Front and back are perfect... a few little scratches (very faint) on the chrome bezel, but otherwise, fine.

It is a tough piece of gear. Much tougher than an iPod.

13. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

don't drop it on fresh asphalt...all those little nooks and crannies and edges are not nice to the corners of your iPhone.

14. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Mine's been naked since day one. I do home remodels on the weekend, so it gets a little bit of a construction worker's abuse each week. It's held up better than any other phone I've owned. Hands down.

After 3 months, I have about 5 small scratches on the glass. I've noticed that the glass actually can get nicked, but it's tough to actually produce a longish scratch. The back of my iPhone is scuffed up in a nice way. It looks used, but not abused.