Lets see your aluminum iMacs!

Jshwon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I am considering switching over to a mac and have been reading up all I can about them and the OS itself. I use windows at home but work on Unix and Wintel systems at work and the mac experience seems to be the best of both worlds. Unix core and stability with a beautiful and functional UI. To tell you the truth I don't know what took me so long.

And to get me more excited about purchasing one I would like to see pictures of everyones aluminum iMac setup. I know there are picture threads but let's make this one specific. Good/Bad, Clean/Messy, whatever. I'm leaning towards the 24" 2.4Ghz iMac because aesthetically I think it would look great in my office in addition to what it can do.

So c'mon lets see everyone's aluminum iMac setups. :D

Jshwon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Doh!!! Didnt even notice the picture gallery. I know I know...search. :eek: But I guess this could be for iMac's specifically.

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State
if you want to make it iMac specific, or, more specifically, Aluminum iMac-specific, just change the thread title by editing either of your posts and clicking the "go advanced" option.

I think it would be a cool thread.

Jshwon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion. I agree. So....done and done. Back to the top

czachorski

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Here's mine at 12 days old. It is sitting next to the 20 ACD that was part of my old setup - you can just barely see my old GD MDD in the lower corner. The 24" iMac is a great machine - I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Fast, powerful, quiet, big, beautiful and shiny (oooohhhh - shiny.... :) )

(click to embiggen)

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
Here's mine at 12 days old. It is sitting next to the 20 ACD that was part of my old setup - you can just barely see my old GD MDD in the lower corner. The 24" iMac is a great machine - I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Fast, powerful, quiet, big, beautiful and shiny (oooohhhh - shiny.... :) )

(click to embiggen)
embiggen? lol.

Nice word choice.

Jshwon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007

(click to embiggen)
Very nice. My other issue was should I get a 20 or 24". I thought that if I got the 20 I'd regret not getting the 24. Loooking at that pic I'm convinced to get the 24.

Let's see some more!

divedude

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2007
Here's mine taken with a .5x wide angle. The 24" iMac on the left, the 25.5" NEC MultriSync LCD2690WUXi on the right and the 70" Sony Qualia 006 in the background.

23am

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
Nice clean setup, no wires. How do you like that wireless keyboard without the numberpad?

On and divedude that was a great game lastnight. :)
It's wonderful. It felt a bit strange without a numpad at first, but you have the mouse much closer to your right hand. That's better than a numpad imo. :)

l33r0y

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Here's mine taken with a .5x wide angle. The 24" iMac on the left, the 25.5" NEC MultriSync LCD2690WUXi on the right and the 70" Sony Qualia 006 in the background.

How does the NEC compare to the iMac screen? They are based on the same H-IPS panel apparently...

...and what is that little fella in the middle? :D

johnnycorcoran

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011

Hi Divedude!
I have the NEC MultriSync LCD2690WUXi too, just wonder did you use the apple mac Dual DVI? Im looking for one and seems abit confuse as theres a "few" Dual but dont know which one!