Let's show what jailbreaking is all about...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rcflex, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Rcflex macrumors member

Rcflex

Ok guys, I wish I knew how to do a video showing the way an actual
    Iphone 4S works... Then show a video of a jailbroken Iphone 4S and show what the difference is... What are the common user's missing???

If I could do the video or explain it in written form I would...

Be cool to show regular's what it's all about...

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

IntelliscreenX, custom theme's, logo's, wifi and signal bars, custom icons, ability to prevent incoming calls from interrupting what you are doing, altering the notification center pop ups.
    Also can make calls from the lock screen via speeddial, turn the led flashlight on with one push of a button from the lock screen. See the current weather and upcoming appts from the lockscreen.
    Just to name a few things.

3. Rcflex thread starter macrumors member

Rcflex

Awsome thanks, though can you do video of the jailbroken phone in action???

Sorry, I know it sucks, though that's the only way I think the comunnity will see/understand the features... :D

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

youtube is full of video's reviews app demo etc.. not really sure what can be added by mere mortals.. :p Some people will never be convinced jailbreaking offers anything. Some of us wouldn't have iPhone's without a jailbreak..

5. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I would love to make one but I'm too lazy to anonymize all of the info that would show up. Names on emails, contact info, etc.

The best person to make this video is someone who has freshly jailbroken and doesn't have a lot of stuff on the phone yet. Just a thought.

6. naixed macrumors member

I was a previous droid user, first time with the iphone (4s). I didn't like it to be honest. After the jb the phone is amazing! only gripe being that we iphone users still don't have a gps that is well versed as the android googlemaps.

five icon dock, callbar, sbsettings, installous, 3g unrestrictor, bitesms, and mywi make the difference.

7. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

I waited months for the JB, and did not by my 4s til Sunday. I'm happy now! :D
    (my sg2 was better than stock 4s, but JB 4s rules over all!)

8. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

The only way to compete with Android turn by turn navigation is to download an app from Tom Tom, Garmin, etc... Sucks to pay extra for a free Android feature, but at least the option is there. I personally like my Garmin streets usa version, since it utilizes Google search to aid in finding local destinations.

9. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

For whatever one dumb old man's opinion is worth, I think iOS 5+ changed most of what we'd been complaining about with iOS.

I don't see (personally) much point in adding themes or things that do this or that to lower battery life or change the appearance and function of the device so much that you can't hand it off to another iOS person to use when necessary.

But...I still like to jailbreak for a very few items that really *do* something that iOS still does not do.

iBlacklist <--Very, very useful.
    Youmail <--The jailbreak version is slightly more useful than App Store
    MyWi <--For the MyWi On Demand feature to tether iPad
    My3G <--Of rare use but neat when it's needed
    SBSettings <--Easy toggles when it's too noisy for Siri
    AutoResponder <--Polite way to ignore SMS when you're driving
    SiriToggles & VoiceUtils <--We're only *beginning* to use the power of Siri!!

All this other stuff people do, making iOS very fancy with script fonts and weird backgrounds and colour, or making your iPhone look and/or act like Android...I just don't get it.

:)

----------

Now that I think of it, I don't even use biteSMS, which many of you seem to love.

I've tried it out, but its extra features just aren't any use to me. iMessage works just fine for me.

I can't imagine a time I'd need to compose an SMS to be sent at a later time. If people need to do that, it's great, but I can't imagine!

:)

10. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I like to do this pretty often because I have a lot of contacts in different time zones. I hate to send texts when it's 3 or 4am for them so I'll just write the text and delay the send for a few hours. Might sound lame but I know my parents appreciate it!

11. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

LOL... It seems my friends six hours aways just ring me up at odd hours.

I still wouldn't use it, but I respect that you have a use for it.

The iOS world is certainly full of people who just love biteSMS and couldn't do without it.