Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who likes the design of the new iphone 3g

• Own 1st generation iphone hate the new design

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Own 1st generation iphone love the new design

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Don't own iphone hate the new design

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Don't own iphone love the new design

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters

brandonzar

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
This thread is almost guaranteed to start a fight, unless certain people have been banned for awhile.

iphonematt

Jul 10, 2007
I have the original iPhone and like it's look... but I don't hate the new look so I didn't vote. I prefer the old look, but the now look is fine too... still the hottest phone on the market!

atomicblastkarl

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
I'm going to be getting my first on friday. I was highly considering buying the old one, but my phones are never perfect by the time my contract it up. With how ATT reception is around here, I welcome the plastic back anyways.

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
I'm giving my 1st generation to my sis, and getting the 16gb white on Friday...the black one with smudges doesn't do it for me

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Why is it so black and white (no pun intended)? I don't own an iPhone and I'm 'meh' about the new design. I preferred the aluminum but I don't hate the plastic...

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I think the aluminum was classy. It was like a special edition thing. Now they have to be more realistic with all the antennas, and plastic is the way to go. I believe mossberg was the one who stated the iPhone's reception is now much better than before. They also say it feels better in your hand because its slightly curved. Do I like the aluminum, love it. However, the plastic looks very nice as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.