Let's talk about Apple Watch 4 Colors

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by andste, Oct 21, 2018.

?

Which Apple Watch 4 Color you like best?

1. Silver Aluminum

11.1%
  2. Gold Aluminum

1.9%
  3. Space Gray Aluminum

12.0%
  4. Stainless Steel

27.8%
  5. Gold Stainless Steel

24.1%
  6. Space Black Stainless Steel

23.1%
  1. andste macrumors newbie

Hey I am wondering which color is most popular at the moment?

2. caelius macrumors 6502

caelius

I prefer the SB SS for it's as black as it gets on the AW. :)

3. staggerlee41, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018

staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

I chose Space Gray Aluminum since that's what I ultimately bought. That said, ALL of the Stainless finishes look amazing and I'd have have a difficult time choosing between any of them. Most of my traditional watches are stainless silver finish so that's a natural choice and black is always a great option. The real surprise for me this year has been gold stainless finish. I saw it in store and it looks incredible. It's got sort of an antiqued appearance to it and it is a real stunner.

4. dooku77 macrumors member

dooku77

SB SS for me. I’ve had that option on every watch since S0. Bang it all around and never one scratch on any watch. Although, I was very drawn to the Gold SS this time, but opted for the SB.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I have the Nike sg and the SBSS.
    Love the two

6. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

SS Black is my favorite, even though I only have an aluminum lol

7. andste thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Maybe not on this specific thread. But I can guarantee you the silver aluminum is probably the most popular Sport model color offered through Apple and retailers. Simply because it’s the easiest color to pair bands with seamlessly and it has more of the ‘traditional’ color.

9. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68020

Bazooka-joe

SSSB for me. Looks great for casual and work and is the most durable out of all the watches

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Plain SS looks best to me, but can't justify that much on a watch, so the three I've owned have all been silver aluminium.

11. jz0309 macrumors member

I have the SB SS, I love the look of the gold SS even better but have not seen it in person yet... and I don’t like a gold watch on me so I’m super happy with the SB

12. DononyG2 macrumors member

DononyG2

The gold with the Milanese loop is beautiful.

13. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I don't know if Best Buy is honest about "best selling" or if customers who buy from Best Buy are representative of the general public, but it's interesting to see the results for Apple Watch Series 4 when you sort by "best selling"

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&cp=1&id=pcat17071&iht=y&keys=keys&ks=960&list=n&sc=Global&sp=-bestsellingsort skuidsaas&st=apple watch series 4&type=page&usc=All Categories

Personally, I purchased Aluminum Space Gray with black Sport Loop, but if price was not an issue I would have bought the silver stainless.

14. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Nothing comes close to the silver stainless steel for me. It’s beautiful. But if I wore gold, the gold stainless might be my choice. It’s way nicer than I thought it would be.

15. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I really like the silver as it looks so good when polished and new. It really is sharp esp for a man in more business attire but it scratches etc. Since my wardrobe is more casual (i get to wear sweats pants and hoodys to work!) I got the space black SS. my S3 held up perfectly. It looks brand new. So got the same for the S4.

16. CreepyAF, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018

CreepyAF macrumors regular

CreepyAF

I owned the gold SS before returning it for the space black. The gold is stunning and I miss it very much. The black is stealthy and understated which is more my speed. And when I want a little attention, I pair the space black with a neon green or hot pink sport loop - which didn’t pair so well with the gold.

17. MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

I was a Space Grey lover since it matches most of my other equipment. Then I got an extra band. Then I very quickly acquired many extra bands. It's not that it was hard to find bands that went well with the black watch. It's that I found too many that didn't. For example, I wanted a traditional brown leather band, but I didn't care for how it looked with grey.

My next watch will be silver for sure.

18. andste thread starter macrumors newbie

I love the SS but if I would choose from Aluminium series, I would go for silver aluminium, because the scratches won't see as much as on black one. And bands variety would be more rich.

19. Porterhouse macrumors 6502

Porterhouse

Originally, I was going to get the Silver SS. My previous Apple Watch was silver SS (Series 0), and I liked the look.

And then I saw a few unboxing videos--the gold sang out to me. I liked how understated it was; it's easy for gold to look gaudy. This is more of an antiqued color, and it's gorgeous.

So when I walked into the Apple Store on Launch Day to get a battery replacement, I asked if they had any Series 4 left, expecting none. To my surprise, though it was well after 3 in the only Apple store in the state, they had a handful, and I seized up on the gold. I thought about exchanging it later (not that there would have been anything to exchange it with, of course), and though I've got to change up my extensive band selection a little, I'm glad I made the choice.

20. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

Nice score, congrats! Let's see some photos of that beauty:cool:

21. <3raining macrumors member

If I could, I would have sss and ssg. But since I can allow myself only one, I went with ssg, because nothing can compare to it. The color is stunning. I’m very happy I made this choice.

22. kyussmondo macrumors member

kyussmondo

I went GSS. I am so happy with my purchase. Like others have said, the gold is subtle and classy. It also perfectly matches the gold on my iPhone XS. My friend has the GA, which is more pinky in colour. We definitely prefer the GSS. For me it was worth the extra $300, but I got the XS and he got the XS Max, so it nearly all evened out in terms of the amount of money spent.