Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I'm just wondering what features an iTV would have.
Here's my guess:
1) OLED screen or better.
2) Internet. For iTunes, Netflix, etc.
3) Cable/satellite activation. So if you don't have TV service, the iTV will automatically present a "TV Activation Assistant." Using the Activation Assistant, you can set up an account with any cable or satellite TV provider that serves your area or add a TV package to your existing account. If you need a technician to connect your TV to the TV provider, the iTV will allow you to select a date and tiem for the technician to visit your house or business.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Terrible channel. There is nothing on it I like. Other than the occasional X-factor viewing.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Terrible channel. There is nothing on it I like. Other than the occasional X-factor viewing.

It is god awful. I'm scanning my brain now for something good on that channel.

... The latest Emmerdale intro?
I'm all out.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Do they still show the bill?

Lets be honest, channel 4, or bbc 4 are the best channels on UK tele

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
I'm just wondering what features an iTV would have.
Here's my guess:
1) OLED screen or better.
2) Internet. For iTunes, Netflix, etc.
3) Cable/satellite activation. So if you don't have TV service, the iTV will automatically present a "TV Activation Assistant." Using the Activation Assistant, you can set up an account with any cable or satellite TV provider that serves your area or add a TV package to your existing account. If you need a technician to connect your TV to the TV provider, the iTV will allow you to select a date and tiem for the technician to visit your house or business.

Cable/satellite won't work because that requires proprietary hardware. No way DISH is going to work with Apple on this to integrate their hardware into an iTV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.