Let's talk how awesome the 5s is!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JerTheGeek, Dec 11, 2014.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

So here I am, waiting to open my bday gifts, and thinking how awesome the 5s is. Let's talk just how great a phone this is. And why we prefer it over any other iPhone.
    From what I have seen in store, the lightness and thinness are really nice. The gold is really great looking. And the one handed usability is GREAT, and the entire reason why I chose the 5s over the 6.
    So who agrees with me? Why do you love your 5s and if you bought one recently, what made you choose it over the 5s?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Seriously, another thread about preferring the 5s over the 6? Congrats, we're glad you're happy but this is just overkill.

3. Daveyote macrumors newbie

My 5S is a great paperweight and spare flashlight.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

My 6 is what I had hoped the 5/5S would be. Screen size of 6 is just right.

5. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

It's so awesome that Apple has a screen size for everyone!

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

They do for now and I hope they always offer people choices. The 5S is a great phone.:apple:

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

There, I fixed this for you!

Love my iPhone 5, Black/Slate!

8. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

I loved my 5 and 5s, then I got a 6+ and there is no looking back!

9. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I have an iPhone 6 but I miss my 5S (the form factor); the iPhone 6 has the volume buttons sticking out a lot (making it easier to accidentally press) and its too thin (uncomfortable/difficult to hold with its round sides).

If Apple kept the 5S form factor and updated it with a better processor, NFC and better camera, I'd get that in a second. The screen size is a tad smaller than I'd like oh well.

10. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I assume you have had a private conversation and share the exact same opinion? :confused:

11. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Wow. You sure didn't see these posts last year when it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The 5/5s series was actually quite good, espcially with their launching operating systems. The 5S with iOS 7 can definitely perform the 6/6p iphones. I wish Apple would have taken the iPhone 5S body and made that bigger instead of redesigning things for the iPhone 6. The iPhone 6s' body is horrible and too thin.

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

With whom?

I simply quoted the OP and replaced parts of his quote to refer to the device I prefer. Which is NOT the 5s.

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Right ok, I just think it is a lot easier writing it in your own words rather than making alterations to other peoples posts as it gets confusing for others reading. The preference is quite unusual so I thought I would check.

14. I7guy macrumors G5

Considering how many threads there are complaining about nit-picky things, why would a thread to talk about positive attributes be overkill? Can we only post negative threads in MR?

15. loby macrumors 6502a

loby

Yes, the iphone 6 is a great phone...

BUT...i still love my 5s and will keep it for a long time.

I am not sure why, but the 5s just feels comfortable to use. I love to sleek look and the design. :apple:

16. I7guy macrumors G5

I'd like to add a great communication device, good on battery, call quality is good, fast, light, camera is excellent and also works as a paperweight and flashlight; when it's not doing other things. #

17. techspin macrumors 6502a

Everyone on MR knows he loves the 5 and he's not upgrading unless there's a black/slate option. :p I enjoyed the 5S for a year but I don't miss it after I got the 6.

18. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Love the 5 & 5S. Also love the 6. The 5 & 5S for the feel & usability. They have always been a great looking devices, plus they always performed well. The 6 for its screen size & resolution and so far mine has done a pretty decent job. Now if they could only bring out a darker (Slate) looking 6.

19. iPhaithful macrumors regular

iPhaithful

20. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

To brag about how superior the Black/Slate iPhone 5 is over any other model of iPhone!

/sarcasm

:D

21. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Lets talk about how awesome the black berry passport is :D

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Enjoy your 5s, OP.

23. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

+1. it's like going back in history. it's now 6 and 6 plus. come on. we've got to move forward and not backward.

24. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

It is still being actively sold. Why not talk about it? Don't like it, there are 1000 other threads about the 6/6+ issues. Just don't worry about this one or create a 6/6+ appreciation thread.

25. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I really like the 6 and 4.7" screen size, but there's just something about my 5S that I still really love. I think because it's so compact and built to last.