Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4:20

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Really, Apple? What was THIS? This keynote was underwhelming to say the least. I don't know if you guys noticed, but up until 50 minutes into your presentation the guys from Engadget accurately observed that you were reciting all the things you already announced at WWDC. Nothing new. Nothing iPhone.

And 'Let's talk iPhone'? That's your idea of updating your product? Integrating Siri into the 4S is just as groundbreaking as voice control on the 3GS :rolleyes: I get that iOS 5 will be great, what I don't get is why you release it on the same device you introduced 16 months ago. What took you 16 months? It looks the same, isn't lighter, doesn't have better battery life etc., all for a feature that no one will use after a month or so?

I do have an iPhone and I need a new one ('planned obsolescence') but unfortunately it can't be this one.

Last edited:

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
really, apple? What was this? This keynote was underwhelming to say the least. I don't know if you guys noticed, but up until 50 minutes into your presentation the guys from engadget accurately observed that you were reciting all the things you already announced at wwdc. Nothing new. Nothing iphone.

And 'let's talk iphone'? That's your idea of updating your product? Integrating siri into the 4s is just as groundbreaking as voice control on the 3gs :rolleyes: I get that ios 5 will be great, what i don't get is why you release it on the same device you introduced 16 months ago. What took you 16 months? It looks the same, isn't lighter, doesn't have better battery life etc., all for a feature that no one will use after a month or so?

I do have an iphone and i need a new one ('planned obsolescence') but unfortunately it can't be this one.

what he said......

alan111

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
Really, Apple? What was THIS? This keynote was underwhelming to say the least. I don't know if you guys noticed, but up until 50 minutes into your presentation the guys from Engadget accurately observed that you were reciting all the things you already announced at WWDC. Nothing new. Nothing iPhone.

And 'Let's talk iPhone'? That's your idea of updating your product? Integrating Siri into the 4S is just as groundbreaking as voice control on the 3GS :rolleyes: I get that iOS 5 will be great, what I don't get is why you release it on the same device you introduced 16 months ago. What took you 16 months? It looks the same, isn't lighter, doesn't have better battery life etc., all for a feature that no one will use after a month or so?

I do have an iPhone and I need a new one ('planned obsolescence') but unfortunately it can't be this one.

I agree with EVERYTHING you said.
It was a waste of a keynote. They wasted 16 months doing nothing. Great, voice control. Who the hell is actually going to even use it? I have the IP4 and have no reason for upgrading at all. They should have just called this an iOS5 event because that's exactly what it really was.
And there stock is down 5% @@#$%&%#$!!!

Their Q4 earnings on 10-18 better compensate for the stock decline of $420 to $356.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.