Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brandnewrock22

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2011
After Asurion said they would not replace my droid in the event I lost it, and would give me an Eris instead

I cancelled my insurance with them, told them to take a big wiff of it, turn that sum***** sideways, and stick it straight up their candy A**!

Yep, they tried to tell me that a Motorola Devour was a comparable replacement when I was having issues with my Motorola Droid. I just dealt with the speaker problems I was having because anything was better than a Devour!

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I contracted with them to replace or fix the phone, not to have them tell me to chase Apple around for a replacement.

This scenario happened with my car. It was written off due to the negligence of another driver and my insurance company [who paid my claim] failed to deliver a new car to my door.

I actually had to go out and perform the act of buying a car myself :eek:

Can you imagine the nerve? :D

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
I have been very happy with square trade in the past. The goal for the warranty is that you can get full value replacement on a broken item. If my phone breaks and they don't give me enough to cover the cost of replacement, I will be giving them a call.

Pomeless

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2010
i_love_this_stick1.jpg

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
I have been very happy with square trade in the past. The goal for the warranty is that you can get full value replacement on a broken item. If my phone breaks and they don't give me enough to cover the cost of replacement, I will be giving them a call.

Since you have obviously not had a claim with them, how has your experience with them made you very happy? All they have done up to this point is to take your money and tell you that you are covered. I'm just curious since you seem to not have had a claim with them and therefore you don't really know what will happen if you do.

I sure wouldn't claim that I was 'very happy' with a situation where I just handed over money to someone and hope that I will get something in return. :confused:

Not trying to be a jerk here...what did they do for you to make you 'very happy'?

dino0829

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2008
Anybody used Ensquared?

Hey everybody, got my first iPhone the other day (applause). Like a lot of you I laughed at the Verizon insurance price. Now I can't decide between Squaretrade and Ensquared (http://www.ensquared.com), which offers accidental AND lost/stolen for $89/year.

Anybody used Ensquared here? Do I need lost/stolen? (Leaning toward no).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.