Letter head in word black! - Help please

Discussion in 'iMac' started by empee7, Jul 3, 2013.

1. empee7 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have been sent artwork from my design guy (via pc) for a letterhead for my new business.

When I open the file on my imac it is just basically black with very faint outline of the logo and text; it s a jpeg.

Im a bit of a puter dumbo, my system is osx version 10.6.8. It is fully loaded with the microsoft suite word for mac 2008.

Can anyone advise on how to fix this ?
    Or is there any place or anyone in Melbourne Australia that i can get to help me directly ?

Thanks, Mark :confused:

2. smithydan macrumors member

Is this the first time you are seeing the artwork or has he emailed it to you before and you viewed it?

Though, who is to say that isn't the design?

3. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

You can preview a file by highlighting it in Finder and then pressing the space bar. The image should show up in the correct format. If the images isn't what you was expecting, have a word with your design guy to ask if it is what was intended.

jpeg is not a good format for sending out images that will be used as a letterhead because it is lossy. PNG would be much better.

4. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

do you know what program he created the file in?

Using some pantone colors when creating documents have had some conflicts with osx.

for example some PDFs created from Illustrator files have had similar affects.

he may need to save it to a different output setting.