letter to Apple re service history

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cybix, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

Hi all, would love to get your opinion on this one..

My wife's MBP (rev A, 1.8Ghz core duo) has just come back from repair. This is the fourth time it's been repaired. Three of the four times have been FAN issues on the logic board. (fans replaced due to being very noisey or not working at all)

I'm starting to get sick of driving in to have this thing fixed. It's been in twice in the last month alone!

Do you think if I wrote to Apple asking for a replacement I would get anywhere? I mean, it's an old machine, but that's not the point, I paid the extra $570 (AU) for applecare for this thing, I'd like it to be reliable.

On another note, we actually bought two MBP's at the same time, mine (the other one) has been in for service once, and just for a squeeky space bar.

hrmmm

2. johnsy macrumors 6502

To write? I believe they don't read emails or mail, but trying never hurts. The worst case you will have the same old MBP, the best case- you will get new one.:)

3. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

If you have another issue with the computer, you could probably press them for a new computer. If it is the same issue again, they may cover the repair/replacement even if it is out of warranty, if you argue for it.

Either way, if you wrote them a letter/email explaining your situation and your dissatisfaction, you could probably get some kind of credit for the trouble you've had.