Letter wearing through

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BunnyBick, Nov 27, 2009.

  1. BunnyBick macrumors newbie

    Nov 27, 2009
    I have had my MacBook Air for about 18 months. I've been using Macs since 1988 and absolutely love this machine.

    In the last two years I have used it for the usual stuff, surfing the Net, e-mailing, doing research, blogging, but most of all I have used it to write four novels, each about 400 pages in length.

    I use my machine at least five hours a day, sometimes sixteen to eighteen hours.

    This last week the surface of the "A" key has worn through under the cross stroke, showing some white. I'm not in any kind of panic about it. Certainly I have pushed on this key enough to warrant some wear.

    My question: If I want to replace this key, will I be able to get just the "A" or will I have to have the entire keyboard replaced?
  2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030


    Nov 2, 2008
    The last time I ordered key caps was for an old MacBook Pro. I had to order a minimum of 15 caps for a price of $7 with shipping.

    In other words the key caps (search that term when you are shopping) are cheap and replaceable without totaling your keyboard. Have it done by someone who has experience with key caps, laptops can be a real chore ;)

Share This Page