Letters A - J missing on iphone 4 ipod alphabetical scroll bar

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rmul86, Sep 22, 2010.

1. rmul86 macrumors 6502

So i'm my iphone, click on the ipod icon, click on artists...and letters A-J do not appear on the side scrollbar. Under K, All of my "A" artists are shown. Under L, all of my "B" artists are shown. And so on and so on. I have attached a snapshot of my screen so you all can get a better look at what I'm trying to describe to you. Anyone know what the heck is going on? Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Attached Files:

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

That's odd. Have you installed any tweaks that mess around with the iPod app?

3. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

nah no tweaks involving my iPod app. I read somewhere that if you accidently change your international language settings to a different language, and then switch it back to english, it can cause the letters to not load properly. I don't know the validity to that statement. Honestly I have no idea what happened.

4. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

5. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Have you tried taking off the songs and then putting them back on? Could be a corrupted song database

6. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i rebooted. haven't tried taking off teh songs and putting them back on yet, i'll give it a try when i get home.

7. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I'd recommend that too. I noticed some of the songs in my database are tagged with the wrong artwork on my phone but display fine in iTunes (on the PC).

8. Xylon macrumors newbie

Maybe a silly question, but have you tried doing that again? Switching the languages.

9. Lucy1992 macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem except it lists all the Artist's beginning with J under the letter K. I tried everything I could think of but ended up taking the phone back to the shop, got it swapped for a different one but this handset has the same problem :confused: