Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geo2345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
Hi All...:confused:
I am new to the forum and I need some help with the below..
After I installed Snow Leopard, I noticed that when I am writing into google translation box, some letters are not shown...
This also happening when I open a rapidshare link, it shows me the link with most of the letters disappeared...(see attachments)

Do you have any idea why this is happening?
What to do?
Before snow it was working fine...

Tanks in advance you mac users !

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-10-16 at 8.44.31 PM.png
    Screen shot 2009-10-16 at 8.44.31 PM.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen shot 2009-10-16 at 8.45.18 PM.png
    Screen shot 2009-10-16 at 8.45.18 PM.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 41

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
start with the simple stuff

...easy for me to say, but, can you test that keyboard on another Mac? Try it on another port on your Mac at least. Can you borrow a different keyboard to test on your Mac?

Is this only happening in that one instance, or with other applications too?

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
It's not the keyboard, since it's showing up on things the OP didn't type as well.

Much more likely is a font problem, and the things that aren't working are specifically using the font in question. (Either that, or the language on those elements is set such that they're loading a different font even though the text is English.)

Open up Font Book in your Applications folder, click "All" in the left pane, highlight all the fonts in the middle pane, and do a "Validate Fonts" from the File menu. Have a look at any errors that pop up--might point you in the right direction.

The other question is if you've installed any fonts or system utilities lately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.