Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I have that one. I like it a lot. The charger doesn't really fit in the pocket, its more for USB sticks or business cards type of stuff. Otherwise it's a great case, good padding, has a sort of bumper type thing on the inside that goes around the MBA. I would recommend it. I got it cheaper than that at an actual Apple Store though.

JRM60

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2008
I also have this case, fits great, haven't tried to put the charger in yet but it does hug the MBA! Seems like it will protect very well.

Anghellichalo

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
I have this case I am very pleased with the fit and feel. Only thing I kinda regret is with the MBA having such a short battery life I end up having to carry the charger. I kinda wish I would have gotten a case that could carry the charger as well. But for just a slick nice looking sleeve this thing can't be beat imo.

mrjcarter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2011
Thanks all.

I have that one. I like it a lot. The charger doesn't really fit in the pocket, its more for USB sticks or business cards type of stuff. Otherwise it's a great case, good padding, has a sort of bumper type thing on the inside that goes around the MBA. I would recommend it. I got it cheaper than that at an actual Apple Store though.

It was just on sale or something or was it a returned item?

You may also want to consider this one as well...

http://www.amazon.com/Caselogic-PAS-213-13-Inch-Macbook-Neoprene/dp/B002W5V8SE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1315721914&sr=8-3

It has a pocket that will hold an external drive as well.

I purchased this one & enjoy it, works well with a Speck case, in my backpack.

If it fits with your speck case then I'm thinking it may not be as form fitting as I like. I won't be putting anything inside except for a naked air and hopefully the charger.

if you want to carry your charger (and an external slim usb drive while you're at it), look no further than the Booq Viper.

Again, the thing I want most in a case is a small footprint. I was originally going to go with a sleeve like a mintcase or joli original but I was thinking that I should try to find something just large enough to fit the charger.

I have this case I am very pleased with the fit and feel. Only thing I kinda regret is with the MBA having such a short battery life I end up having to carry the charger. I kinda wish I would have gotten a case that could carry the charger as well. But for just a slick nice looking sleeve this thing can't be beat imo.

Does the charger definitely not fit, or is it really just super tight? I found one review online that said it fit, but made a decent size bulge.

BTW, can anyone post a couple pics of the case with the Air inside? Thanks.

Last edited:

toi

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
i have this case for my 11 inch mba,
it fits the mba pretty well.
in the pocket i can squeeze in a logitech m570 wireless trackball and the wall charger together.

it makes a bump on the side but i for the compactness of carrying it works pretty well.

i would recommend it.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Again, the thing I want most in a case is a small footprint. I was originally going to go with a sleeve like a mintcase or joli original but I was thinking that I should try to find something just large enough to fit the charger.

Me too. Problem is as I tried different cases, the laws of physics interfered with my desire. :) I could stuff my charger inside the pocket of my Bohdi sleeve, but the resulting bulge would not only be unseemly, the risk of impact on the charger pushing onto my MBA and possibly denting it was too high. For a while I carried the charger in a separate little bag and used a Bodhi sleeve (for work) and a Knomo sleeve on weekends.

I then saw the Booq Viper and thought "how'd they fit a charger in there?". There is a thread I made asking people for their opinions, and they were all over the place. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy it just to try it.

The charger makes an inevitable bulge. The advantage of the Booq is that it is made of a molded material and it provides what I consider to be a more reasonable level of protection. Because of the design, there is enough room for the charger, an external USB hard drive, AND the SuperDrive plus all cables. They made the lid just thick enough to hold the charger. Because the lid on a 13" MBA is big, there is extra room for all that stuff.

I imagine there could be some sleeve with a small pocket bulging out to carry the charger. But that bulge would worry me, especially how it could impact the MBA if I dropped it or hit against the wall while walking. These are sleeves we are talking about, so the protection is limited, but the molded design and materials of the Booq Viper provide at least some protection against dents. And at the end of the day, if the case doesn't at least do that, to me it's worthless.

Good luck on your search!

Jordan9

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2011
Texas
I also bought the Booq Viper after seeing his thread. I can carry my 11" Air, 1TB EXternal HD, and the SuperDrive with minimal bulge. If I need to bring the charger with me I usually just put it in another pocket in my bag.

GMcGarity

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2010
I also bought the Booq Viper after seeing his thread. I can carry my 11" Air, 1TB EXternal HD, and the SuperDrive with minimal bulge. If I need to bring the charger with me I usually just put it in another pocket in my bag.

Would the case fit in the laptop section of a backpack?

Jordan9

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2011
Texas
Would the case fit in the laptop section of a backpack?

It depends on the size of the laptop section in the backpack. I usually carry mine in a messenger bag that doesn't have a laptop section in it. But I do have an older Swiss Gear backpack I used to use with my 13" MacBook. And I tried it in the laptop section on that backpack and it fits fine, but expands a little bit into the bag. If I was to carry it in the backpack, I would feel fine doing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.