Lexigon - Free - Word Search with a difference

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by LazyBrush, Jun 18, 2012.

1. LazyBrush macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I've been reading MacRumors for years, and today I found you have a developer forum. Doh! So let me tell you about my game.

I've spent about a year writing and fixing it. The current version is pretty good and am getting some good feedback. If you would like to try it and tell me what you think, hop on over to the apple store....

...BTW, It's FREE!....

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lexigon/id443675769?mt=8

Go on, give it a go and make my day!

thanks

andy

2. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Hey, that's kinda fun! Definitely worth the price of admission. ;)

I was especially impressed when I stumbled across the "sliding" feature. That's way better than tapping, especially since you had to double tap the last letter to signify the end of the word. You might consider a short animation upon starting the game to show off this feature.

One minor note -- some menu content is definitely covered by the advertisements, which makes me wonder if other items are completely covered in other menus.

Regards,
    Tom

3. LazyBrush thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the review. Yes, I've thought about adding a 'demo' or 'hint' when you start the game to make it more obvious how to play it. On the android platform I've added a video. No expense spared! I think it took me and the missus all of 5 minutes to film it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJag_l74gJU

That's on the cheapest Android device I could find! Perhaps I should professionalise this up and have a link to the video in the game.

Um, not sure what you mean by menu covered by advert. The Advert is over the name 'Lexigon'. It shouldn't be over any of the menu items. I know adverts are a pain, but getting people to pay for things is a bigger pain. If I win the lotto I'll make games for free with no adverts, until then, I'm afraid free with adverts will have to do.

Thanks again though, always good to hear people's thoughts on the game.

cheers,

andy

4. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I think it was in one of the "Help" screens...the one that tells how many points for different colored tiles.

Regards,
    Tom

5. LazyBrush thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, yes. You know when you are so focused on something that you can't think straight, like spending millions on developing a pen which works in Zero-G rather than using a pencil? That screen was my Zero-G pen, in keeping the same layout as on the iPad meant the writing got so small it was difficult to read, then making it bigger made it go under the advert. Thinking about it now, I could just turn adverts off for that screen. Um, doh.

I'll change it for next version. Thanks!

Thanks again!

andy

6. LazyBrush thread starter macrumors newbie