Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diogones

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Hey all,

I have a Lexmark 3300 series USB printer/scanner that is plugged directly into a Time Capsule 2nd generation on my home network. The TC has been set up and works fine with Time Machine, and my Lion Mac can also identify the Lexmark as a Bonjour printer.

However, even after downloading and installing the latest Lexmark printer drivers from Apple, and resetting the printing system, and re-adding the Lexmark printer to the Mac, I can only print to the printer; there is no scan tab. If I plug the printer directly into the Mac, I can print and scan just fine.

Is there any way I could configure the printer to scan from the Time Capsule, without having to hook the printer directly to my Mac? It would save a lot of trouble with my current network layout, and allow everyone in the household to scan to their respective computers.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't have a specific fix for the Lexmark but this has solved some printer issues for Time Capsules and Airport Extremes:

Try removing the printer from preferences again, then unplugging the Time Capsule for 30 seconds, re-plug TC, wait for TC to start up, then re-add the printer to the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.