Lexmark not compatible need new printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by i-sidd, Sep 15, 2009.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

I have a lexmark all in one printer X6170, but it is not compatible with OSX and does not offer nay drivers for Mac. I am looking for a new printer which is compatible with both Mac and PC and which does not have a high cost for Ink Cartridges.

The ink cartridges prices are ridiculous and I don't want to pay $50 for a printer and $45 for ink refills.

WHat are some of you guys doing to get a decent printer while keeping the cost down for Ink cartridges.

2. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Depends on your needs but Canon and Espson are great. Higher end Epson's are great for larger outputs.

I hear you BUT that's how they get the printers down to $50-$100 by up-selling you on the inks which are probably one of the most expensive liquid products per ounce than any other. Most Expensive Liquids. Your best bet is to purchase third party inks that are way cheaper. Despite the claims that you should only use the manufacturers ink, it's a lot of BS.

Read above. In addition, I send most of my photos to print via services like Snapfish and others. It's cheaper and better quality in the end.