Lexmark X1270 all in one printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bargainhunt2010, Sep 2, 2010.

1. bargainhunt2010 macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I am just trying my luck before embarking upon buying another printer!
    I have got a new iMac and am new to MAC world!
    Initially when tried to connect my old printers - samsung 1520 and lexmark x1270 all in one printer to new imac - none of them worked.
    Since then, i have found unofficial driver for samsung 1520 and it works fine!!!!:)
    But lexmark x1270 is not mac compatible and i know that there will no support for it from lexmark but wonder if there is similar unofficial way of getting lexmark x1270 to work with imac.
    I wonder if i try to use mac driver of similar model, if so, which model driver would be suitable to try.
    I am just trying to be environment friendly because the cost of lexmark printer was not that much and could afford to just buy a new printer but dont know how to get rid of lexmark printer

2. katlic macrumors newbie

The model number Lexmark X1270.

Method 1:
    You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter:
    http://support.lexmark.com

Method 2:
    You may check if you have the latest drivers installed for the device. You may refer to the below link for getting the latest drivers and check.
    Lexmark X1270 Driver

Good Luck..