Lexmark X3430 Drivers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Beans-Dad, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Beans-Dad macrumors newbie

Hello all - First confession time. I am not a Mac user and know next to nothing about them (I think the old guy in the Mac vs PC ad is my twin brother!). One of my children has an iBook G4 so that's as close as I come.

My question is about that G4. My daughter recently bought a Lexmark X3430 All-in-One Printer / scanner / whatever. Of course she didn't read the box which says "For Windows OS". Lexmark does NOT have Mac drivers for their X3430 and the GIMP-print / gutenprint website does not list one either.

Does anyone out there have experience with this printer and know where I might be able to score a driver?

Thanks!

2. Piro macrumors newbie

Piro

Im having the same exact problem.If i can figure something out i will let u know.PLease help me out aswell if u find anyhting.Whats weird is on the install cd it said it was compatible with Machintosh.

3. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

There is no cups (common unix printing system) driver for the 3400 series and it is not supported under gutenprint. The printer may work under leopard, but tiger users are out of luck.

4. devinhedge macrumors newbie

Still no CUPS drivers

As of the date of this post, there are still no CUPS drivers for the Lexmark X3430 All-in-one. I figure it is just too cheap a printer to worry about. :(