Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
lexus said:
Just wondering does anyone else here own a lexus? If so tell us about it.

Lexus
When you say "tell US about it" who is sitting next to you.
On the other hand you do know that WE think that this thread is silly?

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
jessica. said:
When you say "tell US about it" who is sitting next to you.
On the other hand you do know that WE think that this thread is silly?

AFAIK he's referring to 'us' as the other forum members.

C

CompUser

No, I don't however my friends mom has the GX470, one of my neighbors has the old style IS 300, and another neighbor has the rare LX 450 (not LX470).

My mom's friend has one of the first RX300s, for some reason it has a really tiny gas tank (they later made them bigger), but she says she constantly has to fill the car up with gas.

My friends mom's GX470 is pretty nice in the inside, overall though I don't think its that special, I would rather have a german car. It has a crappy air suspension too, it doesn't really go up or down that much as compared to other SUVs with it. However, it is comfortable.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i think this is someone doing market research for lexus.
if not, i'm sorry, but his username, combined with this being his 3rd post, suggests that.
i don't mean to insult you if this isn't true, lexus. :eek:

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
homerjward said:
if not, i'm sorry, but his username, combined with this being his 3rd post, suggests that.

I don't think that lexus does market research through forum postings...sorry. :p

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
homerjward said:

Guys, calm down...who cares? If the topic interests you, reply, if not, don't.
I have a 1992 Lexsus SC230. I love it, but it's had its share of problems...stalling on the expressway is not cool. Although if you do work for Lexsus, could you hook me up with a cherry-red Lexsus SC430 hard-top convertible? :)

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
n-abounds said:
Guys, calm down...who cares? If the topic interests you, reply, if not, don't.
I have a 1992 Lexsus SC230. I love it, but it's had its share of problems...stalling on the expressway is not cool. Although if you do work for Lexsus, could you hook me up with a cherry-red Lexsus SC430 hard-top convertible? :)

Those hardtop convertibles are so sweet...*drools all over the floor*

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 89

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
My mom as a '00 RX300. It's a very nice car, and but has had it's share of non toyotaish problems. AWD Trans went, had to be replaced, now the alternator isn't working and it keeps dying. And also has a small tank as previously mentioned. All that being said, it's still a very nice car. Reccomended.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
I have 4 in my family.

ES330 - Mom's
LS400 - Step Mom's
LS 400 SE 2000 model - Step Dad's
ES 300 - Dad's

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
OutThere said:
Those hardtop convertibles are so sweet...*drools all over the floor*
Oh I so agree, but come on, what's the deal with not offering a manual option on a sports car like that, even if it is a luxury sports car? It's the only reason I didn't end up getting one the last time I was getting a new car. :(

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
tag said:
Oh I so agree, but come on, what's the deal with not offering a manual option on a sports car like that, even if it is a luxury sports car? It's the only reason I didn't end up getting one the last time I was getting a new car. :(

I didn't know there was no manual option...that's BS.

If I was in the market for a sports car I'd get a Z4 Coupe, standard of course. :D

Attachments

• z4coup5.jpg
    z4coup5.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 57

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
tag said:
Oh I so agree, but come on, what's the deal with not offering a manual option on a sports car like that, even if it is a luxury sports car?
But at least the IS does have the option of manual-- dunno if you have to special order it though.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
IS350 here. A great car, I love everything about it. It is very quick, handles like it is on rails (most toyota/lexus cars do), and is very comfortable. The navigation is very nice and the leg room in the back is ample. A very nice "sporty" luxury car. The only that that really sucks is that it gets on average 19 MPG. I love it though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.