LG 37" LCD and MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kolax, Dec 3, 2007.

1. kolax macrumors G3

I connected my MacBook Pro to my LG 37" TV, however when I come to select the resolution from my Mac it lists the resolution as 1360x768, instead of 1366x768.

This causes the picture to be shifted off centre slightly and the picture to be obscured slightly.

Is there any way to get the correct resolution so the picture is correct? If I use lower resolutions, the image gets stretched and the ratio is screwed.

2. nelliecruising macrumors newbie

I have been having similar issues with my LG 37" LCD TV. However, the only option I get to set the TV resolution to is 1280 x 720, not 1366 x 768. At first, the monitor output to the TV was too big and was cutting off pieces of the screen. I then checked "overscan" in Displays under system preferences and that at least left nothing cut off. However, the picture is not centered vertically on the TV. Anyway, just wanted to post that I have also had issues with the same laptop and TV. How were you able to get the resolution 1360 x 768 on your LG?

Thanks and good luck

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

I went into the settings menu on the TV (where the aspect ratio is etc) and it had an option for the resolution. I changed it to 1360x768 and it was fine. I had to tell it to adjust the screen and then it centered the image.

It still isn't as sharp as I'd have hoped (the DVD picture is better) so not sure if it is because it is 1360 instead of 1366.

4. Tracer macrumors 6502

You can always try SwitchResX to add a custom resolution.

Tracer

5. Chris F macrumors regular

Unfortunately its not going to get sharper. The pixel density is far too low.