LG 38" Ultrawide for new MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by FrogSEC, Nov 8, 2016.

1. FrogSEC macrumors newbie

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-38UC99-W-ultrawide-monitor

Has anybody tried this yet?

This is going to be for my wife and business partner who are graphic designers. I'm needing it to be a plug and play setup for them.

Will it work with one single USB-C/Thunderbolt3 cable to the laptop to power, transfer data and transfer video?

How do Macs scale to the super high resolution? Is it going to be hard to read anything if they aren't leaning close?

Thanks for any help!

2. original poster macrumors member

3. campyguy macrumors 68040

We've got a few of the larger curved displays in one of my offices, the 34UC87M-B (with TB). I never buy LG's consumer displays, only the commercial displays - the commercial version of the newer display should be available soon. If one knows where to shop, like B&H Video (where I bought mine, no state tax, expedited shipping), the commercial version was cheaper than the consumer version by about US$200 and carries a 3-year warranty vs the consumer version's 1-year warranty.

And, B&H ships to the UK.... Cheers!

4. scott_donald macrumors member

5. nikster0029 Contributor

nikster0029

Does it play on ultra wide or is it simply squared out and not use the whole display? (I.E. Does the aspect ratio get supported by the PS4 Pro?)