LG 5K: Normal Backlight Bleed?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mixart, Mar 21, 2017.

1. mixart macrumors member

Is this normal backlight bleed? It's actually works on my MacBook Pro 15" Late 2013: 2.6Ghz/16GB/Iris Pro and I think it is running 5K. Unfortunately it laggy as hell when I zoom in Photoshop and drag a document to left and right etc.

[​IMG]

2. Mikael H macrumors 6502

Backlight bleed is hard to evaluate via a picture, but yes, that's probably pretty normal. The solution tends to be not to look at black images in a dark room. :D

From a late '13 MBPr I suspect you'd only get a 4k resolution, and no, I'm not the least bit surprised that it struggles. Protip: Unless you're planning to upgrade your computer soon it would be better to get a 2560x1440 screen similar to the now retired Thunderbolt Display. You can get a nice IPS screen at that resolution and with no more backlight bleed pretty cheap nowadays.

3. mixart thread starter macrumors member

I'm planning to get the new rMBP. Just can't desire If I should wait for the 2017 to get 32GB, because I want the next Macbook Pro to last minimum 5 year and I use it only for graphic design, video editing. Here is the original photo. I just sat the brightness down in Photoshop. fo the first picture. For me it is too much I think. I dont know. Never had a big monitor before with IPS.

[​IMG]

4. Mikael H macrumors 6502

Backlight bleed is a lottery. You'll likely go through a dozen screens or more before you find one that's better and no manufacturer I know of recognizes bleed from an IPS display as a manufacturing defect. From your pictures you at least seem to have pretty even bleed from all corners, which is way better than having one corner stand out a lot.