LG 5k

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TigerWoodsIV, Dec 10, 2016.

1. TigerWoodsIV macrumors 6502a

So anyone have an idea when this is going to be released? Anyone able to order this? I'm starting to wonder if Apple is advertising the $974 price til the end of the year just to release it in January. I'm hoping not to have to buy an adapter to get my ACD to work with my new MBP instead.

2. hussainh1 macrumors regular

No one has any idea. I couldn't use my old pre-thunderbolt ACD with my new MBP, and got frustrated, so I broke down and bought the LG 4k displays until the 5k ones are released.

3. mikemike690 macrumors regular

mikemike690

I hope they release it before they up the price :(

4. TigerWoodsIV thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is my worry as well. I want to buy it, but I'm not paying the full price. I'll buy something else instead.

5. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

they've actually 'released' the product for couple of hours back in late November, but apple customer services is denying any orders were taken.
    so apple WILL release, or at least allow 'pre-order' for the display in December, otherwise the price reduction will be a joke, apple can't afford that.

my concern is that it probably won't be shipped out before 2017, and it may take 6-8 weeks to ship, even longer.

6. scott_donald macrumors member

i plan on buying two at the current price point, if it was to go up then i would only buy one....

i just want to order it dont mind not getting it for a month or so....

7. TigerWoodsIV thread starter macrumors 6502a

Same. Will suck having my ACD as a dud since I can't use it, but I'll just put it for sale as soon as I get the MBP, assuming I keep it. Considering I got a friends and family discount on it, I probably will since it's actually a decent price with 15% off.

8. jtso138, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016

jtso138 macrumors newbie

I would like one of these myself for my new MBP, especially at the current price. However, if Apple doesn't begin selling these soon, I may decide to wait for CES 2017. Maybe I'll learn of new options and decide to buy something else. Apple better hurry up!