Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davige

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
I just tried a LG BD570 Blu-Ray player to see if DLNA works for streaming from an AirDisk USB HD on my AEBS. IT WORKS! No setup or special software needed. It sees all 4 of my AirDisks AND my MacBook Pro but won't play videos from a Mac formatted HD although it will play MP3 from a HFS+ drive (Can't figure that one). Video HD must be formatted FAT32 and Windows sharing must be on AEBS. NOTE: this same setup WOULD NOT work with a Samsung DLNA Blu-Ray player.

djswartz

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2010
Looking for details on using Airdisk with LG Blu Ray

I have an Apple Airport Extreme (latest 2009 version) and wanted to use it with my LG 570 as you have. My Airdisk is accessible from my MBP and a PC on my WiFi network. My LG Blu Ray sees it and can navigate down through the folders but does not see the data when I open a folder that has video. The same video file is visible and playable if I share it directly from the MBP. I curious how you got around the problem of disk access authorization with your LG Blu Ray. I don't see a way to delete the requirement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.