LG Chocolate Flip Phone

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by monke, Sep 6, 2007.

1. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Just wondering about this phone.

Anyone have one?
    How do you like it?
    Pros/Cons.
    What's the GUI like?

Thanks. :)

2. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Which one? The Euro GSM version, or the Verizon CDMA version?

3. monke thread starter macrumors 65816

monke

The CDMA one.

I'm not going to use it for the internet, e-mail, etc. :)

4. adk macrumors 68000

adk

My sister has one and I'm pretty sure the GUI actually different than every other verizon phone.

Another friend of mine is still using hers after drunkenly dropping it in the toilet, so I must give this phone a thumbs up:D

5. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Sorry, can't help you then.

It's the same menu layout and everything is in the same place as other Verizon phones, but the only difference is that it doesn't use the Tropical Red Verizon theme.

6. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

I had it, and its a great phone! One of verizons better phones actually.

But unfortunately, Verizon has discontinued it :( Ur verizon might have some in stock. If not id say go for the LG vx8700 or the new razr2, or wait for the moto rizr, which is super nice :)

7. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I don't think Motorola has announced (or implied) any plans of producing a CDMA variant of the RIZR Z3, Z6, or Z8.

8. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I'm not sure if you're referring to the VX 8600, which was recently discontinued and had a shiny black plastic body, or the VX8700, which has a metal body.

I have been trying to return my VX 8600 since I got it. The speakerphone is unusable. The speaker in general is terrible and distorts ringtones etc. I can't speak to the 8700.

9. monke thread starter macrumors 65816

monke

Yes I was referring to the VX8600, but I just looked on Apple's iSync page for Tiger, and it isn't compatible.

It will still transfer pictures, ringtones, stuff like that, but does anyone know if the LG Chocolate VX8600 is compatible with iCal, Address Book, and iTunes?

Also, I'm looking at two other phones now.
    The Motorola KRZR and Nokia 3600.

Any thoughts on those two?

Thanks.

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You can pretty much forget about compatibility with the CDMA phones, which are from Verizon and Sprint.

I saw the Sprint LG Musiq the other day and thought about this thread since the phone looks like a flip phone version of the Chocolate. It seems nice enough but as you already know, there isn't much hope because of the Qualcomm chipsets and a lack of desire to make them compatible for synchronising.

11. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

If its anything like the slider, stay far, far away. The slider is horrible. Hard to hear, and a really really crappy, hard to use interface.

Though I guess you could call the slider a flip phone. Does it slide open to reveal the number pad?