Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
http://www.androidauthority.com/nex...ld-out-popularity-explained-lg-france-148214/

Meanwhile, LG has denied the report, and made further comments in France where Cathy Rubin, LG France’s Mobile division director talked to Challenges.fr about Nexus 4 production, availability and sold out status.

According to the exec, Nexus 4 production has not been stopped, and it will be increased in the following months. Apparently it’s not LG at fault for the lengthy delivery times but Google’s.

The Search giant is said to have missed the mark when ordering Nexus 4 units. Google reportedly used sales data from the previous Nexus model to place Nexus 4 orders, but these numbers “were lower than the actual demand.” Starting from mid-February, “there will no longer be any tension in the market,” according to the exec.

LG is producing at the rate of 600,000 Nexus 4 (probably higher) per month now.

So the comment that starting in mid-February, there will be plenty of Nexus 4 might be coming true.

Similarly she wasn’t ready to reveal how many Nexus 4 have been sold to date, but it did say that the number hackers came up with a few weeks ago, or over 375,000 units, is “a lot lower than the actual figure.”

However, she did say that the Optimus G, which is basically the Nexus 4’s older, beefier (in terms of hardware) brother, did reach the 1 million sales mark since being launched a few months ago. Should we read between the lines that the Nexus 4 sold anywhere between half a million and a million units since being released?

Look like the Nexus 4 is way way way more in demand than the Optimus G. In the next 2-3 months, it will easily overtake the Optimus G in sales #.

As of mid-January, around 600,000 Nexus 4 have been delivered per XDA-Developers sleuthing.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
The LG Nexus 4 is a splendid device. They should produce more & OFFER IT IN MORE COUNTRIES.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
It's quality of device, plus the low price that got people on board with it. Even as a Galaxy S3 owner it was hard to pass up that low price.

Ericcc

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012
Montreal
from EbookReader's article said:
Google reportedly used sales data from the previous Nexus model to place Nexus 4 orders

Perplexing and unfortunate. At its price, the Nexus 4 could have hit the jackpots internationally, and propelled stock Android to the mainstream. Through that, Google could have even gained more leverage on the likes of Verizon and AT&T. Well, there's always the next Nexus...

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
If that "mid-February" bit is true, I'll be a happy camper. Been waiting to get my hands on one to replace my iP4S from work - looking forward to trying out Android! Vanilla Android is really the only way I'd want to go and the price of the N4 makes it a winner in my book already!

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
For anyone waiting to get a Nexus 4 I'd recommend a case for it. The glass on mine is a magnet for Micro scratches, the back has thousands of them concentrated on one spot, I once put the screen face down on my desk and now there are 2 lines of hundreds of tiny scratches running along the sides of the screen.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
For anyone waiting to get a Nexus 4 I'd recommend a case for it. The glass on mine is a magnet for Micro scratches, the back has thousands of them concentrated on one spot, I once put the screen face down on my desk and now there are 2 lines of hundreds of tiny scratches running along the sides of the screen.

Thanks for the tip - was planning on one anyways - not being my daily driver, I'm going to try not to be terribly picky with it (though I'm insanely so for my iP cases)....any recommendations?

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Thanks for the tip - was planning on one anyways - not being my daily driver, I'm going to try not to be terribly picky with it (though I'm insanely so for my iP cases)....any recommendations?

I don't have a case at the moment, I've decided that it's already scratched so I haven't bothered getting a case, I just put it on a cloth on my desk now.

knucklehead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2003

I've managet to keep mine pristine.:)
I've been using a Diztronic TPU case -- I agree with all the good reviews it gets. The only slight problem I have it that it adds to the already pretty large size of the device. I just ordered a second, thinner case to go along with it:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAIEU1W/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_SC_dp_1
For when I don't (... hopefully don't ...) need as much protection.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Just get a skin.

bestskinsever.com

Done.

Vu7DH.jpg

Faux Carnival

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I looked for a Nexus 4 for weeks. It wasn't offered in my country, I tried 2 other countries and couldn't find one. I was even willing to pay the ridiculous $500 T-Mobile price. But still couldn't find one. I gave up and bought an iPhone 5.

Google's loss. They should improve on two things: 1) Distribution (it should be available at least in Best Buy's) 2) stock

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I've managet to keep mine pristine.:)
I've been using a Diztronic TPU case -- I agree with all the good reviews it gets. The only slight problem I have it that it adds to the already pretty large size of the device. I just ordered a second, thinner case to go along with it:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAIEU1W/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_SC_dp_1
For when I don't (... hopefully don't ...) need as much protection.

I'm thinking about this (if the N4 ever becomes available again):

http://www.amazon.com/i-Blason-Flex...TF8&colid=2OBSUNNU1ZM1M&coliid=I3NDJ4TAQ9LHEG

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
S-line cases are cheap looking though http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meifeng-H..._MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item3f20c14c23 this sort of case looks better and has a nice almost leather feel in the hand because of the bead blasted finish but less protection especially on the top and bottom.

Well - it is a cheap case....and I happen to like the look of it (at least of the all black one - not the translucent).

I've got time to look haha - fortunately and unfortunately. I'm hoping I can find one I like and just stick to it for the N4....I'm about to buy my 3rd (and maybe 4th) cases for my iP5 - my wife thinks I'm insane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.