LG enV3 Buying Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by celticpride678, Jul 28, 2009.

1. celticpride678

I am looking into buying an enV3 for Verizon Wireless. However, I have a few questions about it, and here they are:

1. Which is a better color for guys: Slate Blue or Maroon?
    2. If I were to setup Mobile IM and Mobile Email, would that cost extra or is it just included in everything?
    3. What is Visual Voice Mail?
    4. What is VZ Navigator
    5. Is Rhapsody free?
    6. Is the Web Browsing free or do I need to pay extra
    7. Are the software updates usually free?
    8. Are there applications that you can download for the enV3 (I heard a commerical saying it was app friendly)?
    9. How good is the camera? How can I take the pictures off the phone to get onto my Mac
    10. Is there desktop software included or available for download?

Thanks for the help. I will post more questions if I come up with any.

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

This is the Apple hardware forum.

2. Cell phone companies love to charge you. This is either a separate fee, or just considered data and requires a data plan.
    3. Assuming this is the same as the iPhone, it allows you to see your voice messages from missed calls in a list and listen to a specific one without having to call voicemail and listen to each one in order.
    4. This is the GPS navigation bundle. It provides access to maps for a monthly fee.
    5. Doubt it. Monthly fee is likely.
    6. Web browsing isn't free. You will need to have a data plan.

3. MacVixen macrumors 6502

I'm willing to bet he will be required to purchase the data plan with this phone. When I had my Voyager on Verizon I was on some $79.99/450 minute plan that included unlimited data. I was required to purchase that plan because of the phone's web capabilities. At that time, VZ Navigator was also included for the price.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

some answers

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I work for Verizon so I'll answer what I can:

1. I like Slate Blue better.
    2. Mobile Email is $5.99 per month plus data usage, and mobile IM I believe uses SMS (double check that with customer service [I'm not at work right now.])
    3. Visual Voice Mail lets you see who left you messages and you can click on them to play an individual message, you don't have to actually call your voicmail box. It costs $2.99 a month, you can download it through "Get It Now"
    4. VZ Navigator is just a turn-by-turn navigation system for your phone like a watered down version of a Tom Tom. It costs $9.99/month unless you have a premium package.
    5. VCast Music w/ Rhapsody lets you listen/download songs onto your phone. It's a subscription service that costs $14.99/month.
    6. Web browsing is $1.99/mb and it is rounded up. You can check how many MB of data you have used by dialing #data on your phone. Beware that also browsing through the Get It Now/Media Center uses data, and you will have to pay per Megabyte for it, unless you have the VCast VPak ($15/month)
    7. Software updates are always free. You can check for software/network updates by doing a PRL update by dialling *228 and choosing option 2.
    8. There is a around a thousand apps/games you can download from the GIN, it is best to browse the selection on VZW.com and just have it sent to your phone.
    9. Not too sure the camera quality. I know it has good reviews, and the camera is 3MP. You should be able to mount your phone to your Mac or transfer the files via bluetooth.
    10. I think it comes with a disc of software, including the VZ Access Manager software that enables tetheing if you want to pay for it.

6. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Like one poster said, will I be required to get a data plan?

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

No data plan required. It is optional. The data plan (The VPak) is $15 a month for unlimited usage.

8. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I'm not a VZW customer, but I would think a data plan of some sort would be required. Now, I'm not saying this would be an unlimited data plan, but a data plan nonetheless.

9. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

What's included in the VPack?

10. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

You get unlimited data usage, and you can view/listen to the free Vcast content that is offered, there are some Vcast content that you have to pay for I believe though.

11. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

So, that includes web browsing? But, does the $1.99/MB still apply?

12. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

No, I said the Vpak includes UNLIMITED MB usage. Doesn't matter how it is used. :)

13. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Oh...Thanks for the help.