LG G2 to iPhone 5c? Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pwshadow, Jun 8, 2014.

1. pwshadow macrumors newbie

Can someone please tell me if I'm crazy. I bought an LG G2 a few months back. I previously had an iPhone 4s that had started to slow down due to ios7. I mad the jump to android, but the software is missing so many things I liked about the iPhone. I miss the camera, ability to connect to a car stereo, group messaging. Also the G2 was supposed to be this super fast phone, but there is tons of lag. Verizon is willing to offer me a trade right now (not even close to my upgrade date) to trade my G2 in for a 32gb iPhone 5c. I don't have the cash for a 5s. Am i really going to shoot myself in the foot? Also I just bought my first Mac so that is kind of driving my decision. I feel like iPhones are always smoother than android phones so I don't think performance will be an issue. What are your opinions. Anyone else go from a flagship android phone to a 5c?

Thanks!

2. 617aircav Suspended

Why would you be crazy for doing what you wish. I went from a 5s to a g2 in april. If the iPhone 6 screen is 4.7 or more I'm getting it.

3. pwshadow thread starter macrumors newbie

I see your point. However, I will be technically downgrading to a 5c. I found I don't use the large screen as much as I originally planned. I am just worried if there will be a sever speed decrease. In my previous experience, apple devices appear very swift despite lower specs due to apple's software optimization. I hope that is the case for the 5c.

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

No, you aren't crazy. It's your decision. You are the one who has to use the device.

5. cymolia macrumors 6502a

Just put a custom rom (cyanogenmod) on it to rid it of all lag

6. KevinMac macrumors regular

KevinMac

Go for it! I switched over from LG also. I stopped liking Android once I switched to Apple.

7. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Just get the phone you like more, nothing crazy about that! Bear in mind that the iPhone 6 will be here pretty soon though...

8. afsnyder macrumors 65816

I have a 5 and I really like the design of the 5c on top of iOS 7 but it obviously wouldn't be a worthwhile switch, yet I definitely considered it. Nothing crazy with what your saying, as Tim Cook said, you're just searching for a better life with Apple.

9. fedecape macrumors 6502

fedecape

If your last iPhone was a 4S, you will love the 5C!

Get it right now!

10. aneftp macrumors 68040

Go for it. The Verizon iPhone 5c is a "universal" iPhone. It will get LTE bands for Verizon att and tmobile. Only carrier won't work with is Sprint.

So will still have excellent resell value because it's a true unlocked phone with LTE bands for almost all the carriers.

The verizon lg g2 is also unlocked but limited to hspa on att and tmobile.

11. Omega1300 macrumors member

I went from my 4S to a 2-3 month android stint of a Note 3 to a Moto X and then back to a 5C. As always with Apple - couldn't be happier.

Get what you like. 5c is a fantastic phone.

12. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

Most people I know don't like android (me included). The iPhone 5c is great. Fear not, you are not crazy.

13. pwshadow thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I did it and couldn't be happier. I cannot believe how much smoother the iPhone 5c is than my g2! And the g2 had a 2.2 ghz processor with 2 gb of ram! What a mistake leaving apple. Glad to be back! Thanks for the comments!

14. 617aircav Suspended

Lol I went from a 5s to a g2 and it's as smooth as anything I've ever used. Not sure how your 5c is smoother than the g2.

15. pwshadow thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe it is just the verizon variant, but I tried stock, rooted, cyanogenmod, and nothing got rid of the micro stutter when in the phone app. Text message app would take several seconds to open, even on kitkat. Answering a phone call when locked was laggy and unresponsive. Most android apps stutter when scrolling. Trust me, I wanted to show al my friends that my new g2 was better, but after 6 months of custom roms and different launchers nothing gave me an experience as smooth in every area of the phone. It has also been proven that Apple screens are quicker to respond to touch than any android phone, and I can tell. The g2 is a great phone, just doesn't meet the criteria that is important to me.

16. 617aircav Suspended

I'm not saying it's better as that is subjective. You probably had a bad unit.

17. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Its not a bad unit. I also had a G2. I had the same issues as the OP.

18. 617aircav Suspended

My unit has no such problems.

19. the caveman macrumors 6502

My unit needs some attention

20. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

This right here.

You clearly like the iPhone better. What other people think is irrelevant, because, you know, they aren't you. :D

21. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

LG does make **** phones, I'd wait for the iPhone 6 though

22. pwshadow thread starter macrumors newbie

Verizon actually gave the phone to me for free. Said it was a customer loyalty promotion. I wasn't even up for an upgrade. So now I have a g2 and a 32gb 5c. An iphone 6 will likely still be in my future as well:)

23. SR71 macrumors 68000

Just a suggestion, but have you ever thought of selling the G2 on Swappa (they're still going for around $250-300) and then buying a Verizon iPhone 5c (they're going for about $320-400 on. Swappa)? This would save your upgrade while allowing you to move back to iOS without having to spend a ton of money. I just recently did this and I'm loving my iPhone 5c. Got mine on Swappa for $320 and it's working perfectly, highly recommend doing this if you want to save your upgrade for the iPhone 6 when it comes out in a few months.

24. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I think people that use iPhone's before switching to Android spend so much time convincing themselves that Android is crap/slow/laggy. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

My SO has a G2 (and it's not rooted) and it is just as "smooth" as my 5c. :D Comical!

25. Indy89 macrumors member

I have just done nearly the same thing and didn't regret it in the slightest. Got the LG G2 when my contract came up to upgrade time. Sold it and got an iPhone 5, couldn't afford anything else in such short space plus got a good deal. Couldn't be happier, the LG G2 gave me nothing but trouble from day one and I tried all the solutions to fix. Even got a new replacement model but the same problems persisted. I hacked it out until I got KitKat but that if anything made things worse. Gave in on the thing and certainly don't look back.