LG lcd + MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TopHatPlus, Jan 16, 2011.

1. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, i have a 2 year old 26" LG lcd tv, and a 2010 MBP 15" i7. I have been having a lot of issues with my computer connecting to my tv. I plus it in and it show the picture but everything is very dark on the TV and my mac does not detect it as a display so i have a feeling that the reason for the absurdly dark image is due to that. Any suggestions?

note: i used this all the time on my 2007 macbook and it never had an issue.

2. Tedsterb macrumors member

I have a MBP too and tried connecting it to my Vizeo tv with a Mini DVI - HDMI cable and it doesnt work. Are there some settings on the MBP that I need to play with to make it work??

3. TopHatPlus thread starter macrumors 6502

you should be able to go to system preferences and select your display preferences, form there you should be able to hit detect displays, and it should find your TV and then allow you to arrange the displays as you please.

4. Tedsterb macrumors member

Yea i did hit detect displays but nothing happens, just blue screen on the tv... :(

5. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

I have a vizio TV as well
    and a late 2008 15'' mbp
    read this topic may help
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=792106

6. Tedsterb macrumors member

Yea i read that, thanks. It says this should work. Hm. I wonder if it is the TV...