LG LV5400 or LV5500 Key Pairing and the Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by noisycats, Jan 21, 2012.

1. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Hey all,
    I've tried scouring the web and have come up with nothing.

Here is the deal: I just purchased an LCD LG LV5400 tv. It works very well and has a host of features including a remote control app. To sync your phone with the TV, there is some process within the LG that detects your phone with the LG app and then flashes a code on the TV screen. You punch this code into your phone, and automagically, the two are paired.

The problem is that the TV is randomly (maybe once every 15-30 minutes) flashing the Key Pairing message but without a code nor indication of which device is trying to pair with the TV.

After much trial and error, I've narrowed the offending device down to my iMac. I can faithfully create the behavior by restarting my computer. The message will pop up on the TV every time between the chime and the appearance of the desktop on the iMac...generally right around the appearance of the blue screen. This suggests to me that it is an early, core process on the iMac that the TV is picking up on.

I'm staring at the Activity Monitor trying to get a clue, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at nor how to detect which actual activity is the culprit. Furthermore, I'm not quite sure what I want to do if I find the culprit as everything else within the house (2 iphones, ipad, 2 imacs, air, aebs, ae, tivo, and roku) works fine.

I'm running 10.6.8, have no plex/xbmc type application installed. Nothing is jailbroken, and the TV is connected directly (ethernet) to the aebs.

Anyone with any ideas? Attached are two screenshots. Each taken within seconds of the window appearing on the TV and while the message was still being displayed (it stays on screen for about 30 second before disappearing)

Attached Files:

2. Jayphen macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I think it's bonjour.

I recently installed an application called coucou, which scans my network for devices and shows them from a menubar icon. I think I started having the problem around the same time I installed the app.