LG N1T1 iTunes Server

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ryansteer, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ryansteer macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me out as this is driving me mad! :confused:

I have just bought an LG N1T1 media server. I mainly got it as it acts as a server for my iTunes library as I want to be able to access my music from either my macbook pro, macbook or ipad without having to have have my main computer, the macbook pro turned on and running itunes. I followed the following steps so far:

- Moved itunes library into the itunes folder on the N1T1
    - Enabled the itunes server on the N1T1 saved and restarted it
    - Cleared the content from my itunes and re added it from the new location (server) and this is now working fine.
    - Restarted the macbook and the ipad

Now this briefly worked all be it for a limited period, I was able to see and access the itunes server from itunes on the macbook but then for no apparent reason it disappeared and now I can't get it back. I have restarted the computer and reconnected to the server but nothing.

I am running Snow Leopard and the latest version of itunes on both machines.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. eyetiepie macrumors newbie

hi

did you ever get this issue sorted? I have an N1T1 running under Windows 7 and have exactly the same problem. I can see the server when the folder is empty or just has a few folders in there. when i put all my music in (about 50GB) the server disappears. I can make it reappear by just moving the source for the server, but as soon as I point it back to the folder where the music is, it disappears!

TIA
    eyetiepie