LG NAS N2A2 - Setup with iMac (lion)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by automy, Nov 15, 2011.

1. automy macrumors newbie

I am trying (yes trying) to setup a new LG NAS N2A2 - 2 TB, on my network.

I am able to access it via finder and transfer files manually to and from the NAS, which i have setup as Raid 1. On iMac I am using Lion v. 10.7.2.

What i am not successful with is:

1) Setting up Time machine to perform the backups to the NAS. Understand LG have not got the firmware required that works with Lion.

2) Setting up DLNA - Can only see the Nas drive on my Denon 3808, but not see any content.

3) Setting of of iTunes Server: I can see it in iTunes under shared; i starts loading but this just goes on and on - nothing happens.

Anyone out there with the same equipment/intererrests?

I am currently using Twonkymedia to stream the music to my Denon 3808. I am able to use this to access the NAS an play the music. However, my intention was to have Twonky installed on the NAS so i could play the music from NAS on my denon, without having to start up my iMac. I s this not possible?

Appreciate any help.

2. mejgus macrumors newbie

A quick side step in your thread:

-did you manage to install the new UI for the N2A2 from your Mac? I feel like i've tried everything now but dont seem to get it in... (the Nas-detector for Mac doesnt seem to have the Install NAS-system-button..) Even tried from a PC with W7 and from Parallels W7. Stuck on "Transferring firmware files"...

Best,