LG Optimus G officially announced?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by hallaisen, Aug 27, 2012.

1. hallaisen, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012

hallaisen macrumors regular

LG has officially announced their new flagship phone, the Optimus G, according to Phandroid ,Engadget and The Verge.

[​IMG]

Specs:

4.7" True HD IPS+ IPS display (brighter than Amoled while using 70% of the power) with in-cell touch technology
    1.5 ghz Quad-core S4 processor by Qualcomm
    2GB RAM
    13 megapixels camera
    2100 mAh battery that allegedly is 60% more effective than competitors
    3mm bezel and 8mm phone thickness

The phone will run Ice Cream Sandwich, and is rumoured to be available in South Korea in September. LG is expected to show off the phone at IFA in Berlin on 29 august.

This seems like an absolute beast of a phone, and I can't wait to see more of it! Anyone else excited by this?

2. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

This looks really nice.
    And it has some awesome specs, can't wait to see some reviews of that phone.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. zbarvian macrumors 68010

The hardware is impressive. Unfortunately, it's shipping with LG's mediocre skin atop of Android 4.0, and there's no say when it's coming to the States.

5. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I don't trust LG. They're always the one phone brand I see where Android apps have the most compatibility issues (based on negative reviews). Plus, they're also the ones behind that huge, ugly LG Intuition.

The LG Optimus G renders look nice, this not so much:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]