LG Portable Blu-Ray Drive for $44

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yauzers619, Nov 9, 2012.

1. yauzers619, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012

yauzers619 macrumors member

For those of you Retina/Macbook Air users hankering for a optical drive the local Fry's in San Diego County (it maybe system wide) is selling the LG CP40 SLIM Portable Blu-RAY multi drive for $44, which is down from $84 at the local Best Buy.

Confirmed that this drive works on a Mac. Compatible with MakeMKV and MacBluRay Player.

Unfortunately it looks like it's a in store deal only, since Frys' own website reflects a $74 price.

For those who don't have a Fry's near you, BB should be able to PM.

AD>> Weekly Ad
    DRIVE DETAIL >> link

One more note... It's suggested that you get a a USB 2.0 Male to Female Cable. The USB y-cable the drive comes with is very short and will not reach both USB ports on the new Retinas and Airs. Yes both USB ports are required to use the drive.

USB LINK

2. FACTON95 macrumors newbie

Sounds like a good deal even if you have to buy the usb extension cables. Let us know how it works out.

3. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

Thanks for the heads up! I actually went to BB and got it price matched with no problem!

4. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

FYI I'm using only one USB on the drive on my rMBP and it's working just fine. So I'm not sure you need to connect the both of them.

5. yauzers619 thread starter macrumors member