LG Shine and Mac sync

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rideahyperLite, May 6, 2008.

1. rideahyperLite macrumors member

I know this has been asked before but no one has answered. Does anyone know of any way to sync contacts between an LG Shine (CU729) and Mac OS X? Is it possible to put contacts on the MicroSD and then transfer them to the phonebook? I don't need an easy quick solution, I just need something that works. I have over 350 contacts and I don't want to type them all in. Any response is appreciated greatly.

2. niziol macrumors newbie

RE: LG Shine and Mac sync

I don't know the details of your exact phone model, but if it's a CDMA-based phone, you can try BitPim (http://www.bitpim.org/). I have an LG 8700 (the shine flip version), and BitPim has been working great for me. What's even better is that it's cross-platform (Mac OS X, Linux and Windows), so it works on almost any home computer. They have decent help files online as well, so check that it and hopefully it can be as useful to you as it has been for me.

Cheers,
    Michael.

3. hiproductions macrumors newbie

Good Program...no LG Shine compatibility

I just downloaded BitPim software and the LG Shine is not listed
    as a compatible phone. I will do some tests and see if another model
    works with this phone. I would say that the only way for me to use
    this software to sync would be via Bluetooth connection as the BitPim
    site says that a direct usb cable (which isn't standard on the Shine)
    results in errors. I'll post here when I'm done screwin around with this
    thing.

Andrew Hamilton
    Hamilton International Productions
    Videographers Las Vegas
    http://www.hiproductions.com

4. Ian H macrumors newbie

Transfer of contacts from LG Shine to imac

Did you ever figure out how to transfer the data from LG Shine to the imac? I have just bought an iphone 4 and have the same problem with over a 1000 numbers to transfer...Thanks Ian

5. Sapcomm macrumors newbie

Use the Bitpim software for CU-720. With phone turned off plug into the USB port. Phone will be auto detected. However it wont have the type. Choose LG-VX 8700 then you will click on the + sign. In the middle column, search through the different trees. I have uploaded and dowloaded to the phone with no issues using this trick.