LG support refuses to help... any ideas ?

AndyV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
My LG UltraFine 4k needs repairs but the support says they can't help me.

Backstory: I bought the device on eBay UK June '17 while being based in Sweden at the moment. I contacted the LG support Sweden. They send me to apple because its a monitor that only works with apple products (!). Apple obviously directed me back to LG. LG then refuses to handle repairs because I bought it in the UK. Wait what? They send me to LG support UK. LG support UK refuses to repair it because my current address is in Sweden. Nicely done LG. What now? Anyone has any experience in how to handle support refusal like this?

Fishrrman

macrumors Core
Feb 20, 2009
I would "handle it" by never buying an LG product again.

In fact, I've had prior experience with them. Bought an LG 26" flat-panel tv several years' back. It failed within 2 years (but after the warranty had expired). Took it to a local shop that could do board-level repairs, willing to pay. They held it for months, finally told me they couldn't get parts.

No more LG -- never again.

Buy a "3rd-party" display without USB and without any "connections" to Apple. That's my advice.

AndyV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
I would "handle it" by never buying an LG product again.

In fact, I've had prior experience with them. Bought an LG 26" flat-panel tv several years' back. It failed within 2 years (but after the warranty had expired). Took it to a local shop that could do board-level repairs, willing to pay. They held it for months, finally told me they couldn't get parts.

No more LG -- never again.

Buy a "3rd-party" display without USB and without any "connections" to Apple. That's my advice.
I don’t have the budget at the moment. It’s either my LG or my MacBook screen. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.