LG Ultrafine 4K EU Delivery

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pookitoo, Dec 17, 2016.

1. pookitoo macrumors regular

pookitoo

Hello, I've order the lg ULTRAFINE 4k ten days ago, and still processing, for a delivery in February ;(

Do you think I can receive it earlier than February in France ?

Someone in France receive it ?

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

You may find them in an Apple Store. They've been arriving in other European stores.

3. keviig macrumors 6502

The shipping estimates are mental. 8-10 weeks for a monitor?! I'm also quoted mid to late February as delivery window.
    I could order a car and have it go through production and delivery in half that time.

I also have no way of picking it up in store, as there are no Apple Stores in Norway, and no other stores stock them.

I suspect it's down to Apple quoting unrealistically long delivery times in order to sell less now that they are on sale.
    Prediction: Once we get into 2017 and the prices revert to normal, i suspect the shipping estimates will improve drastically.

4. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

The estimates are way longer than what actually happens. I was quoted 5-7 weeks and at arrived in 13 days.

5. keviig macrumors 6502

That's good to hear! I might see mine (that i ordered December 14th) arriving just over new years then? :)

Edit: How long did the shipping take? Do they ship them from China like the MBP's? :)

6. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

I'm in the UK and it came from Apple's UK warehouse. Got a shipping notification late in the evening and it arrived the next morning. This was in the middle of November and was a big shock because it was due after Christmas!

7. keviig macrumors 6502

I see! Must've been a surprise then yeah.
    I'll probably see it shipped from Eindhoven/Netherlands then. Maybe if i'm very lucky, i'll have it between Christmas and New Years :)

Also, how do you like it? I haven't found any solid reviews yet, so i feel like i'm taking a bit of a chance here.

8. pookitoo thread starter macrumors regular

pookitoo

thank for your answers ! I need to call my local Apple Store to know if they have in stock.

And like @keviig i'm very curious about the experience with this monitor. Not many review on the web, especially with a MacBook Pro 13 . My biggest fear is the size, i used to have 27 inch monitor, and I'm afraid to work on a 21 inch. (So small ;(

I'm a Webdesigner and i see this post (about scaling especially):
    https://bjango.com/articles/macexternaldisplays/

And I understand why i've a bad feeling with the lg 27ud88.

But I can't spend 1000$ for the 27 ultrafine (and 5k with the MacBook Pro 13 make me suspicious about the performances, lagging and other). I can buy it but I don't want to spend 1000$ in a monitor !!!

9. pookitoo thread starter macrumors regular

pookitoo

My local Apple Store have a Ultrafine 4k, so I've it.

I'm very happy with it :
    Macbook Pro 13 + ultrafine : no ui lag, charging well, I don't find how to manage the brightness with the MacBook Pro touchbar but I don't care !!

I found again the gorgeous display of the 5k iMac !! With the shiny display, good scaling !

And I think I can satisfy myself with 21 inch (a little small but enough I hope, I'll see in time, like I said I can't justify to me to spend the double price for 6 inch)

10. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

The brightness can be adjusted with an external keyboard or in System Preferences. The Touch Bar will only adjust the MacBook's screen. :)