LG UltraFine 4K - Lagging and stuttering brightness indicator

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Brookzy, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Does anyone else find the brightness indicator is really slow to catch up with keyboard clicks on the UltraFine?

I.e. this thing:

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 01.47.56.png

The sound indicator has no lag, but it takes a few seconds for the brightness one to catch up. It makes it hard to set it to the desired brightness.

I thought/hoped 10.12.2 would fix it but nope!

2. user74246 macrumors member

Yeah it's a bit annoying, but I only switch between 100% and three ticks / keyboard clicks down and that's ok to manage.

3. keviig macrumors 6502

Ooh, someone with the 4k Ultrafine! I've had a hard time finding reviews for this.
    How is it? Is there any animation/scrolling lag with your 2016 MBP? Feedback is greatly appreciated :)

4. 576316 macrumors 601

Wish I could have one of the Ultrafine monitors but I've been told there's no way I could use it effectively with my mid-2012 Retina MacBook Pro. Seeing as there's no chance I'll be buying a new Mac any time soon, I may have to settle with 2560 x 1440 being the highest resolution I can support. It's just annoying because I want a monitor which looks the same as the Retina display built into my Mac! But I don't want it if that means running it at less than 30Hz!

Currently using two 1080 monitors at 144Hz, but looking to move on as I don't use the second one very much and they're look very bad compared to Retina. Also the colour is off I think - I wanna get a high res IPS if possible.